Internet Sharing does not work on WP 8.1 (Cyan, L1520)

Alesandro Sanchez

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Since I updated to WP 8.1 Cyan Internet sharing has stopped working.
I can turn it on and the phone is showing that it is working. But neither my laptop nor my computer can find it.
I have tried with other phones and even with a different industrial Wi-Fi connector.

I'm using the Lumia 1520.

I saw that there is a different thread about this on the 935 but it seems he can't even turn it on. Is there anybody else with a L1520 with the Cyan update with this same problem?

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I had a vaguely familiar problem (though for me, I couldn't even turn it on--I got a message demanding I upgrade even though all plans from my provider have internet sharing). What provider are you on?

Alesandro Sanchez

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, the problem is now solved with the Windows phone 8.1 Update (the one which includes live folders).

Has the problem been resolved for you as well?

Mine is unblocked and in Sweden btw.

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, the problem is now solved with the Windows phone 8.1 Update (the one which includes live folders).

Has the problem been resolved for you as well?

Mine is unblocked and in Sweden btw.

That's good. Mine was fixed after using the Nokia Recovery Tool (wiping out to 8.0) and then reseting again from there. Probably purely by coincidence..it changed my phone's access port addresses. It was something that T-Mobile really had no idea of either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes