WP 8.1 bookmarks sync question

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
First off, I'm really pleased to be able to finally see my bookmarks plus their folders in IE on my 1020. However, when it synced my data for the first time, it was syncing from the data on my laptop which hasn't been used for a month or so due to a spillage (it still works...but the keypad is a little mental). Since then, I have updated my bookmarks as some addresses have changed plus I've created new ones as well as deleted some. So, I updated the laptop bookmarks and synced again. My phone bookmark data was updated...great but unfortunately, it still shows some folders which are no longer present. As far as I can tell, there's no way to delete bookmark folders on the phone so does this mean, I'm stuck with these folders forever?

Thanks for any help.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I just tested it here. When I delete a folder on my desktop IE, it initially still shows the folder in IE but as an empty folder. Once I close IE on the phone and go back in it, the folder is gone. If it isn't updating properly, have you tried to go to your settings on your phone and email+accounts and manually sync your Microsoft account?

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Maaz Mansori. I've tried manual syncing a number of times but the folders which shouldn't be there are still present. I'll give it some more time and hopefully it will sort itself out.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Maaz Mansori. I've tried manual syncing a number of times but the folders which shouldn't be there are still present. I'll give it some more time and hopefully it will sort itself out.

I forgot to mention that I'm running the GDR1/Update 1 developer preview update for Windows Phone 8.1. It's possible it could be one of the issues that was resolved in the update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon