Strange Audio Problem

Matt McQueen

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Since upgrading my Lumia 920 to Windows Phone 8.1, I have a strange audio problem

At the end of every music track or podcast, I get a sound like a needle scratching a record.

This happens in MixRadio and the podcast player that comes with Windows Phone.

Anyone else getting that?

Praxius1

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I get this on my 925 when skipping through videos and a couple of games like civilization revolution... But not with music.

It's kind of like a loud pop noise for me though... Click or Pop, take your pic

i2386

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I have just upgraded my Nokia 1020 using official update to 8.1

Since upgrading / downgrading (have to laugh else cry) I have experienced when playing sound clips in Babbel Spanish Language App that it now has a glitch at the end of the recording which was not present in 8. It sound like it is trying to play 1 millisecond of the start of the recording again... i.e 'Hola' it sounds like 'Hola H'. A audio glitch.

I am not sure if is similar to what your experiencing but though would share.

I am having same Popping / click sound when scrubbing any video app like MetroTube even when sound is at 0. This happens only through speaker and is ok when headphones connected.

There is other threads on here with people have this issue and 8.1 update.

I am loosing the will with Microsoft

Praxius1

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the popping also still happens when muted, forgot to mention that. But I recently checked for updates and I am up to date. So if the Cyan update is supposed to fix it.... Maybe it's not ready for my location?

I am signed up for the DevPreview so I dunno.

Praxius1

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
In a previous update I had it tell me I have the Black update. I updated a few weeks ago for the Aussie Cortana but now my info doesn't tell me Black or Cyan, etc.
Regardless the sound popping is still here and I just check if there was another update but I am up to date

labsii

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
It is well known problem, as people noted, and I am particularly concerned, as it downgrades experience for my app Share to Speech (Lite), as you hear scratching on every few sentences, which is much more frequent than in the songs...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon