WP 8.1 with Cyan?!

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Yesterday evening I got two notifications for phone update on my L520. I installed both. I was expecting Cyan update as it's available for L520 in my country according to the Nokia Updates Availability webpage.

After installation, extras+info said Lumia Cyan and about said Software: Windows Phone 8.1.

You can imagine my surprise. I was expecting only brightness and bluetooth update to be the only updates to come with Cyan. Now I'm enjoying all the features that I had read on WPCentral about WP 8.1 But interestingly the brightness setting remained the same as in Black and WP 8.

I though WP 8.1 was still in Developers Preview. And that I would get brightness update with Cyan. I don't understand.

Any explanation, suggestion and comment would be heartily welcomed.:)

EDIT: I forgot to mention I live in Bangladesh.

Best Wishes,
ams963

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Simple. Not all features are available on all phones. Even though we waited 2 years for this update and even though the features will work with our phones they've blocked them from being used on some handsets on the official update. Apparently due to hardware specifications.

WP8.1 has been out of DP for some time we've been waiting for the firmware from Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon