Kindle App

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Is it not working for anyone else with the DP 8.1.1 update?

I keep getting sync errors and it will not let me download my books.
I hope it's just something stupid with my phone as I can't deal with not having access to my books. This is why I have to keep my freaking Android phone around.

Update:
Well it's not the 8.1.1 update as I just checked my stock 920 and it's broken there as well. Oh well.

Solved...Kind of.
The error I was getting was caused by books that were being sent to my Windows Phone from the Kindle web page. Those books were not available or can't be read on the Windows Phone app, so they were stuck in my queue. The only way to get rid of the synch errors I started getting was to email Amazon and have them remove the books from my download queue.

No where on Amazons site does it tell you certain books wont work on some versions of Kindle App. I figured it out because I kept adding different books and the number of sync errors would go up.

Last edited:

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same issue on my 920 that only has 8.0 on it with no DP. I will probably bite the bullet and downgrade my 1520 back to 8.0 and see if I can get the app working again. I did send an email to Amazon support and they contacted me, but there really isn't anything they can do that I can't try myself.

I totally reset my phone it has 8.1 with Lumia Cyan no DP and the app just doesn't work.
I think once you've installed LC you can no longer down grade back to 8.0. So there is nothing more for me to try.

Last edited:

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same issue on my 920 that only has 8.0 on it with no DP. I will probably bite the bullet and downgrade my 1520 back to 8.0 and see if I can get the app working again. I did send an email to Amazon support and they contacted me, but there really isn't anything they can do that I can't try myself.

I totally reset my phone it has 8.1 with Lumia Cyan no DP and the app just doesn't work.
I think once you've installed LC you can no longer down grade back to 8.0. So there is nothing more for me to try.

I guess this is an Amazon issue. Sorry about that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon