SD Card "Scanning" forever...

franklasvegas

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello all:

Lumia 1520. Latest 8.1 Developers Preview.

Phone locked. Was able to hold power button until reboot.

Many of the tiles were dim and when I would touch one would get "wait while things load up" in reference to the SD Card..

Unable to power off - would restart immediately. I was able to remove the SD and view on laptop - everything is there. With the SD removed was able to totally power off.

Re-inserted SD - powered back on - same thing - has been "scanning" (when looking at Storage Sense) for almost an hour now - ideas?

Thanks!

franklasvegas

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I had updated the OS over 2 weeks ago - at least. This was just after a lock-up and reboot. Who knows. Everything on the phone vs. SD is fine. I would think the SD card died but I can see and open all files on it on my laptop. Weird.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Try installing a new app and then go back to storage sense and see what happens with that new app... If its still saying the same thing you may need to reformat the card. If the new app shows up and the old ones are still stuck in the waiting cycle then you may need to re download the apps. Either way a fresh format may be an option

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Just wait for the phone to read them. It should be fine in a few minutes once the tiles are not dimmed anymore. This happens everytime I start my phone. Most of my apps are installed in SD btw.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon