WP8.1 Update 1 Findings

Inocencio Sanchez

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
App Corner
Don't bother to organized your tile at the app corner because you are just wasting your time and effort, after all, the sweat you have done to make your app corner look pleasant to your borrower is useless, the next time you launch it to impress your friends,it will return into its messy and clutter arrangement.$ frustrated man 👨"

Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi means so much in every smartphones, how come it is connected to the Wi-Fi but says no internet connection(sucks), while upon checking with my other devices they are sound and well connected. You have to manually off and on your Wi-Fi to connect again and again and again....😠

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
App Corner
Don't bother to organized your tile at the app corner because you are just wasting your time and effort, after all, the sweat you have done to make your app corner look pleasant to your borrower is useless, the next time you launch it to impress your friends,it will return into its messy and clutter arrangement.$ frustrated man "

Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi means so much in every smartphones, how come it is connected to the Wi-Fi but says no internet connection(sucks), while upon checking with my other devices they are sound and well connected. You have to manually off and on your Wi-Fi to connect again and again and again....

Thank you for your excellent and helpful contributions!
Also, make sure you've done standard Wi-fi troubleshooting before continuing to complain. I have no Wi-fi issues, so therefore the Update's Wi-Fi must be perfect, no?

Inocencio Sanchez

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your excellent and helpful contributions!
Also, make sure you've done standard Wi-fi troubleshooting before continuing to complain. I have no Wi-fi issues, so therefore the Update's Wi-Fi must be perfect, no?
There are tons of complains about the Wi-Fi connectivity, they must find a way to fixed this, having your Wi-Fi on and off is so annoying...my phone isL1020..

Inocencio Sanchez

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Add'l findings

In addition to the above findings:
What the he'll once you wake up and scroll your start screen after a long sleep(meaning phone is lock for a couple of hour) it lag like a he'll. what happened with its smooth and water like touch screen sensitivity. Seriously! bring back the joy of soft/smooth touch and scrolling.(happened for second time)

If you are also sharing files via Bluetooth Wi-Fi connection will say no internet. Why?

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Add'l findings

In addition to the above findings:
What the he'll once you wake up and scroll your start screen after a long sleep(meaning phone is lock for a couple of hour) it lag like a he'll. what happened with its smooth and water like touch screen sensitivity. Seriously! bring back the joy of soft/smooth touch and scrolling.(happened for second time)

If you are also sharing files via Bluetooth Wi-Fi connection will say no internet. Why?

i haven't seen anyone with his this issue, even my Lumia 625 with 512MB RAM does not lag.
I recommend a soft reset

Psichokillah

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
No problem here either. The WiFi connectivity is excellent. Not to mention that I'm on Update 1 and everything is running smoothly. As someone said, a soft reset might resolve those issues of yours.

Greetings.

Inocencio Sanchez

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
No problem here either. The WiFi connectivity is excellent. Not to mention that I'm on Update 1 and everything is running smoothly. As someone said, a soft reset might resolve those issues of yours.

Greetings.

I did and it works for a couple of hours then later issues are back again. Will you suggest to do a hard reset instead.

Inocencio Sanchez

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Here are additional findings that i encountered:

Bluetooth
Once you've start sharing files over Bluetooth you should expect the following:
*Unable to connect with the internet
*Can't used your app properly
* app that requires internet connection will turn useless until sharing is complete or until you soft reset your phone.

If this issues will insist.. I'd rather downgrade my os.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Here are additional findings that i encountered:

Bluetooth
Once you've start sharing files over Bluetooth you should expect the following:
*Unable to connect with the internet
*Can't used your app properly
* app that requires internet connection will turn useless until sharing is complete or until you soft reset your phone.

If this issues will insist.. I'd rather downgrade my os.

I have this same issue with Lumia 928. Computers and another phone are perfect with the router and internet. When I use a Bluetooth radio to stream iHeartRadio, it's a disaster. All of a sudden, "no internet" and the music cuts out. I've investigated everything else as a possibility for the error. Your problem with Bluetooth is the same thing as my problem. Anyone know about this problem with wifi and bluetooth?

Inocencio Sanchez

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
So far the most common solution is to soft reset your phone (for the min time) Hopefully in the official update everything will be flawless or else....

As of now, lets keep tracking with the lapses and issues so that ms will be alerted and find the necessary solutions

Inocencio Sanchez

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Found new bugs

Found a bug on my start screen ...jeez... Bug bug bug hate it.. Pining lots of tiles on your start screen will give you so much of bug.

Wifi connectivity not so stable.
While i was surfing over my Lumia IE11, i received a notification, so i immediately swipe down my lovely notification center, then i noticed that the Wifi icon says no internet connection, while i keep receiving new notifications from fb, tweeter and other app. Well, I would say, my Wifi indicator is a liar.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Found new bugs

Found a bug on my start screen ...jeez... Bug bug bug hate it.. Pining lots of tiles on your start screen will give you so much of bug.

Wifi connectivity not so stable.
While i was surfing over my Lumia IE11, i received a notification, so i immediately swipe down my lovely notification center, then i noticed that the Wifi icon says no internet connection, while i keep receiving new notifications from fb, tweeter and other app. Well, I would say, my Wifi indicator is a liar.
Maybe those are using cellular data?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes