Transferring files from PC to phone causes errors.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
When I transfer files like picture from pc to phone, my phone cat read them and if i try to open on pc (ubuntu) it reads as error.

Help please

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you happen to know what format the picture is? Maybe that might be the problem. I'm not sure what formats windows phone supports though. An easy solution could be to upload the pictures to OneDrive then your phone should be able to view and save pictures that way as well.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Weird.. Sorry might be stupid questions to ask. But have you tried restarting your phone? Using a different USB port on the PC or maybe even rebooting the PC? Software can behave weird sometimes.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Strange very strange. I wonder if you have a bad cable or possibly a bad micro USB port on your phone. If you have another cable I would try that if you haven't already.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Alright, i'm all out of ideas. Sorry. Hopefully the issue will resolve itself or maybe a factory-reset will do the trick. Good luck! Let us know if you figure out a solution.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Let us know if you figure out a solution
I think I found a solution. It seems its ubuntu that has a compatibility issue with windowsphone OS.
I installed windows 8.1 on a virtual machine in my Ubuntu and anytime I need to connect, I use that.
Now all is fine and thank you +xboxonthego3 for your help.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome. And Thank you for your response back. Hopefully your solution can help others who run into a similar issue in the future. I'm glad you figured it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss