Outlook email app?

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Warning: the following question may sound dumb to many..

When I first got my Windows phone, I set my outlook (hotmail) account..
I didn't bother using my phone for sending and receiving mails from the outlook (hotmail) account at that time.
Then I set my trusty old gmail account and as soon as I set it up, a google mail app showed up, which I use all the time..
My question is : Why there isn't an outlook mail app in my phone (like google mail app)? Did I make any mistake while setting it up?
I want to access my hotmail account from my phone now and I don't know how! Also I don't want any 3rd party applications for viewing my mails running in my phone.

Your help is greatly needed..
Thanks!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's right there in your phone.

In settings->email+accounts, tap on the name of your outlook.com account. In the settings page, make sure that "Email" is ticked under "Items to sync".

In your app list, look for an icon with the same name as your outlook.com account. Tap on it and you'll see your email. Pin this to your start screen if you like.

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Open default mail app -> Click on "..." (at bottom right) -> Select 'Linked Inboxes', and select the outlook mail account to merge outlook and google into single view.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes