Is there any way to install offline maps for HERE maps other than the phone app? [Lumia 525]

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
The problem is, to install new maps one needs to keep the app running in foreground as well as need to keep the phone unlocked. But the maximum allowed time to keep the phone unlocked is 5 minutes. So after every 5 minutes the phone locks itself and one has to resume the download again.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The problem is, to install new maps one needs to keep the app running in foreground as well as need to keep the phone unlocked. But the maximum allowed time to keep the phone unlocked is 5 minutes. So after every 5 minutes the phone locks itself and one has to resume the download again.
Actually, I don't know why you need to keep the phone unlocked. I have setup a couple Lumia 928s recently and reset a couple phones earlier this Autumn. While it does need to stay in the foreground, the phone absolutely does not need to remain on/unlocked. WiFi has been able to run with the screen locked (and off) for quite some time at this point....

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I also do not need to keep the phone unlocked.
You can also down load the maps via SETTINGS > applications > maps

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Must be either phone specific or depending on the version of Windows Phone but I have downloaded maps over night on both my 635 and my 830. And I can assure you the phone was not unlocked all night :wink:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Now I think about it in BLACk the wifi stopped if the screen locked but you could change that with a setting or increase off course the lock screen time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon