I need a shortcut tile that enable/disable the feature "Double Tap to Wake Up the Phone" in WP8.1

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I need a shortcut tile that enable/disable the feature "Double Tap to Wake Up the Phone" in WP8.1

I am looking for a shortcut tile that enable/disable the feature "Double Tap to Wake Up the Phone" in WP8.1
I have noticed that the battery drains faster if "Double Tap" is activate and in consequence I just want to use this feature when I need it, for example to wake up the phone and check my GPS coordinates frequently while hiking.
I also heard that while Double Tap is active the screen is in fact "on". I guess that keeping it working all the time will negatively affect the life of the phone.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: I need a shortcut tile that enable/disable the feature "Double Tap to Wake Up the Phone" in WP8.

I do not know a shortcut tile but it would be a useful one.

But I know that during double tap the screen is OFF. Only the touch panel is ON and acts as a button to switch the screen ON. Now of course it depends on the definition of screen but to me the screen is the one which shows images.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa