Why am I not able to download additional speech options on my Lumia 535?

Tapan Tripathi

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Not able to download additional speech options in Lumia 535

Hello All...not sure if anyone else has the same problem. To give you a brief background. I recently bought a Lumia 535 as my secondary phone. I have a Lumia 1520 also. Since, I am in India, in order to use Cortana, I have to download additional speech option of English (United Kingdom)

I have been trying to download the same for last couple of days, but am not able to. Everytime its says "Couldn't Download. Tap to try again"

I have hard reset my phone. Still the issue remain. When I try the same with my L1520, it downloads any language with any issue.

Hence the question, has MS changed anything in L535 or if anyone else is having the same issue with L535

Any help would be appreciated...

Prembenz

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Not able to download additional speech options in Lumia 535

I am also having same problem. Trying to download Speech Language. None of the language is not downloading.

Tapan Tripathi

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

Hmmm...unfortunately we still don't have a resolution...reached out to Windows phone support, though did not get much help...

luthfi lukman

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Not able to download additional speech options in Lumia 535 dual sim (india) . cortana not working .

K_S_R

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

You are right. This problem originated after microsoft issued a update to the phone. Since then speech download or keyboard language download has become impossible.

New Updated Software Version causing the problem : 02055.00000.14511.22002
Previously it was possible to download with version no for me : 02048.00000.14457.51001

Since the update the problem persists.

Microsoft needs to issue a fix to this urgently..... Their first flagship phone and this is the most annoying thing......

I guess developers were busy holidaying rather than testing the software properly.:smile:

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yup. I can also confirm this issue across multiple Lumia 535s.
Nokia support doesn't seem to have a clue.
Until this issue gets enough attention, it will not be fixed.
I would like to request any WPC author reading this to write an article about this on the website.

ajithvakod

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Even I'm facing same problem with Lumia 535. Not able to activate Cortana in India 😢. Windows central plz help.

Prembenz

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site

Problem resolved. Now I am able to download the speech language. For those who didn't try. Try now to download the speech language. You will get it via software update.
:smile:
Cortana works finally !!!

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Problem resolved. Now I am able to download the speech language. For those who didn't try. Try now to download the speech language. You will get it via software update.
:smile:
Cortana works finally !!!

Thanks for sharing it. I'll try it and get back to you.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes. I can confirm that this issue is fixed.
I can now download languages on the 535.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes