Switching between 3G and 2G

Hisham mubarak

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Lumia owners in India like developing countries., how could you manage switching between 3G and 2G while using internet.... Really I am getting so angry...

Hisham mubarak

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Settings>Mobile data/Cellular>Sim settings>highest connection speed.
I know that.... The problem is most of the places in India does have very weak signal of 3g that's why the connection will automatically switch between 2g and 3g.... If I could select 3g only mode like android it will be easy to stay on 3g....

AravindArsenal

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh yes..its very annoying,its one of the features I never really cared about in my Android phone,but now its one of the features I need the most

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
The phone will try the highest connection speed first, and if it can't get a stable enough connection, it'll drop it down, usually via EDGE before hitting 2G. You can't set it to stay at 3G/4G.

G.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Have to just live with it :\ The phone constantly switches between 2G /3G and most of the times stuck to 2G when 3G is really needed. Like while using Cortana, Skype etc. Seriously Microsoft needs to address this small yet an Important feature. It's useless using a Lumia with an EDGE connection. Sometimes really frustrates me, when i click an amazing picture with my Lumia and when my friends ask me to do a check in, Im like, sorry, Im on 2G(Same carrier though:cry:)

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I faced this proble. My phone was stuck to 2g. And that's why I am using Vietnam firmware. Now I can select only 3g and 4g mode.

Hisham mubarak

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Have to just live with it :\ The phone constantly switches between 2G /3G and most of the times stuck to 2G when 3G is really needed. Like while using Cortana, Skype etc. Seriously Microsoft needs to address this small yet an Important feature. It's useless using a Lumia with an EDGE connection. Sometimes really frustrates me, when i click an amazing picture with my Lumia and when my friends ask me to do a check in, Im like, sorry, Im on 2G(Same carrier though:cry:)

Exactly.... While calling in Skype it will switched between 2g and 3g constantly.... I am getting soo angrryyy....

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Nope, but I guess I need to use both of them to have my firmware changed? How safe is it btw? Will it brick my phone in event of any miss?

Don't worry it won't brick your phone. If you are from India, give me your email id. I will give you my contact no. And will tell you whole procedure. I have flashed my phone many times with Vietnam, Belgium and indian firmware. No problem at all. And yes you need both of them to flash your phone. Navifirm to download firmware and nokia care suite to flash it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon