New Music App?

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
As a designer/developer Im working with another developer to create a better and smarter Music app with a MUCH nicer UI. I was wondering what you guys think about that, do you think its a good idea or an unnecessary one? Would you guys like us to continue developing it? Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, after 8.1 dropped, it kicked off demand which turned into no shortage of music players.

If you think you can beat the others in UX, go for it! Just for the experience? Sure! The multitude of flashlight apps don't seem to deter people on Android, WP, etc!
(personally, I value responsiveness and speed, like the old WP8 Music player, which I still use)

chaitanya91845

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, after 8.1 dropped, it kicked off demand which turned into no shortage of music players.

If you think you can beat the others in UX, go for it! Just for the experience? Sure! The multitude of flashlight apps don't seem to deter people on Android, WP, etc!
(personally, I value responsiveness and speed, like the old WP8 Music player, which I still use)

The old WP8 music player was far from responsive on my lumia 520. The Zune music player on WP7 was the best in terms of performance :)

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for your response! I guess I can post a pic and you guys can decide haha! I think the UX is something that the apps can improve on and I think we can do it. I'm nit sure if there's a large demand for it though

Jacky Singh

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I am sure, if you guys can focus mainly on performance at first, the users will like it. The features and UI can be improve/added as you continue to refine the app. We can forgo some features but performance is must in my opinion. The zune player in W7.8 was fast but it has less feature but then people like it. Personally i like spotify new UI. Very clean and easy user experience. Though the app was more like iOS visually... but the user experience was intuitive.

This is just a personal opinion. I am also an user. :)

Hope you guys will make an awesome app.

chaitanya91845

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
The blur is definitely from iOS, the menu from Android and the icons from Windows Phone. Definitely looks interesting. I would be eager to use your app :)

mark2410

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
As a designer/developer Im working with another developer to create a better and smarter Music app with a MUCH nicer UI. I was wondering what you guys think about that, do you think its a good idea or an unnecessary one? Would you guys like us to continue developing it? Thanks

one that hooks into google music would be good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes