Locked out of "email+accounts" tab

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So Facebook somehow massively screwed up my phone. I just updated my Lumia Icon to WP 8.1/Denim Wednesday night. Today I was looking at one of my contacts on the people hub. I was on the "What's new" tab. They had a post from Facebook that I wanted to comment on through the people hub like I always do. When I tried, it asked me to sync through Facebook or whatever. I did this, and that screwed everything up.

Everyone's Facebook details disappeared from my contacts. Profile pics, status updates, etc. When I clicked to see what accounts are linked with their name, their Facebook account isn't even an option. My Facebook account has also disappeared from the me hub. It still somehow allows me to post on Facebook through the me hub.

I then tried going to the "email+accounts" tab in the settings to delete and re-add my Facebook account. When I click to open the accounts tab, it acts like it's going to open to my accounts and just refreshes the settings page. I've tried turning the phone off and on multiple times, soft resetting, etc. No luck.

Any idea how to fix this without hard resetting?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
People > Settings > Filter Contact List --- did you check here if Facebook is selected? Also if you login to outlook on a PC and then see settings, do you see your Facebook connected to your live account?

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
People > Settings > Filter Contact List --- did you check here if Facebook is selected? Also if you login to outlook on a PC and then see settings, do you see your Facebook connected to your live account?

Yes, forgot to mention about the contact list. That was one of the first things I checked. I tried checking and unchecking multiple times to see if anything changed. No luck.

I'm not able to log in on a PC currently but I'll check that when I can.

Still don't know why this would lock me out of my accounts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes