Outlook background

sydneycooper1979

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry if this has already been brought up, but I just purchased a Lumia 830 running 8.1 and outlook is constantly running in the background. I don't sync email, contacts, or calendars. I don't have anything set to back up except photos to OneDrive. Does anyone know why this is constantly running? I have everything set to maximum length syc (there isn't an option to sync manually with outlook). Did I miss a setting? According to my phone, all firmware and apps are up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If you're referring to the email associated with your main Microsoft Account, it is expected that it would continually run in the background. Almost everything you do with your phone is associated with your Microsoft Account (app list, contacts, calendar events, SMS backup (if enabled), location, feedback, themes...), and the synchronization of these information would incur background activity.

But most importantly, that background activity is caused by having the synchronization of your email account to "maximum length", which is after a certain period of time. This means that, even if you don't have any new email, your Outlook will sync after the specified amount of time... which leads to background activity. Try setting it to "as items arrive" - this way, Outlook only synchronizes when new email arrives. Unless you receive a lot of mail spread across a broad period of time, this setting should conserve more battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes