Why does the store require wifi for just 44 MB App?

MSARUL

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Why is store requires wifi for just 44 MB App

From yesterday store shows "requires wi-fi" for just 44 mb App, How to solve it?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is store requires wifi for just 44 MB App

Please keep to English on this forum.

Is this just this one app, or any app over a certain size?

If you have previously been able to download large apps with cellular data and can't now, then it may be you have exceeded your data plan or your carrier has recently changed some configuration. Contact them and see if anything has changed.

MSARUL

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I`m from India(Network provider - Airtel), carriers can`t play role in this(If I`m not mistaken), I set Unlimited in Data Sense, All apps are working perfectly with internet connection, I get mail,whatsapp and hike notification`s!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I`m from India(Network provider - Airtel), carriers can`t play role in this(If I`m not mistaken), I set Unlimited in Data Sense, All apps are working perfectly with internet connection, I get mail,whatsapp and hike notification`s!

There is however a build-in cap that prevents that you can download "large" games or OS updates via cellular data.
In my case the cap us 100 Mb but for some it's 50 mb.
This is done by Microsoft and can not be changed.
This is done by Microsoft because WiFi is more stable then cellular data and/or to prevent that you can file a complain against them that you got a big bill because cellular data was used to download.
You may not like this but it is like it is at this moment.

MSARUL

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I downloaded apps upto 100 MB till yesterday, But now I can`t download app larger than 20 MB. In app(Above 20 MB) description, it shows download via Wifi.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

ha ha ha..... Same problem with me in sometime but no problem.
here some steps.... Complete those steps I am 100% sure your problem is solved.....
step 1 - change your airtel sim card to another prepaid number ex-aircel,idea or other.
step 2 - open internet ( its work without internet for batter turn on data) and use store 1,2 minutes.
step 3 - again insert previous Airtel sim then open store and you may download up to 100mb under apps over cellular data..
I am sure your problem is solved. I am from India its work!!!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

When you click on the description (waiting on Wi-Fi or something) doesn't it give you an option that says Download Anyway? I get that option on my phone and when i select that apps download/update on cellular

MSARUL

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I tried multiple times, doesn`t working, even i changed the setting to another region not working, gonna reset it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes