03-11-2015 12:09 AM
32 12
tools
    i think this is how it calculate
    sort by: total download of the period of the time it published till now

while it should be like this
    sort by: total download of the period within 30 days
    03-08-2015 03:16 AM
    I wonder if the Top Paid section is All Time, rather than current? Sonic CD has been on there since the Windows Phone 7 days (and it's a really awesome port), so by dint of having a lot of time in the store, it would accumulate purchases. Same with Plants.
    03-08-2015 04:15 AM
    03-08-2015 01:53 PM
    You are misinterpreting what I meant by that statement.
    Exactly! I never interpreted what you meant, but instead I interpreted what you wrote.

The moral of this story is to write what you mean. ;)
    03-08-2015 05:17 PM
    I wonder if the Top Paid section is All Time, rather than current? Sonic CD has been on there since the Windows Phone 7 days (and it's a really awesome port), so by dint of having a lot of time in the store, it would accumulate purchases. Same with Plants.
    A developer once said that using the number of user ratings in the store is a decent proxy for total sales. Sonic CD's total ratings in the U.S. market do not indicate that the game sold that well (which is also supported by the fact that Sega soon thereafter bailed on Windows Phone development), certainly not well enough to dominate the Top Paid list for years--unless it is an anomaly where everyone buys it but no one rates it.
    03-09-2015 07:59 AM
    A developer once said that using the number of user ratings in the store is a decent proxy for total sales. Sonic CD's total ratings in the U.S. market do not indicate that the game sold that well (which is also supported by the fact that Sega soon thereafter bailed on Windows Phone development), certainly not well enough to dominate the Top Paid list for years--unless it is an anomaly where everyone buys it but no one rates it.
    I know I bought it first thing, but neglected to rate it.
    03-10-2015 08:52 PM
    I know I bought it first thing, but neglected to rate it.
    According to developers, the rate of ratings is pretty consistent. It's unlikely that Sonic CD is one extreme anomaly to that rule, despite your forgetfulness.
    03-11-2015 12:09 AM
32 12