What is the best windows phone available right now?

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Given that there will be no flagships announed until late summer.
In terms of specs, performance, battery life, and camera image quality.
What is the best Windows Phone available until the flagships are announced?

My Lumia 920 is lagging too much and I feel its time to make the upgrade to something.

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
930 or Icon, 1520 if you want a bigger screen.
I still use and love my 1020, but it doesn't have the best processor. Works well enough for me. Depends on what you will use it for.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Given that there will be no flagships announed until late summer.
In terms of specs, performance, battery life, and camera image quality.
What is the best Windows Phone available until the flagships are announced?

My Lumia 920 is lagging too much and I feel its time to make the upgrade to something.

There may be no clear winner for all of the four categories mentioned, but over all my vote would go to the L1520. The camera is already more than what most users need, specs and performance are still cutting edge despite their age (fast CPU, SensorCore), and a longer-than-most-of-the-other-phones battery life.

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
There may be no clear winner for all of the four categories mentioned, but over all my vote would go to the L1520. The camera is already more than what most users need, specs and performance are still cutting edge despite their age (fast CPU, SensorCore), and a longer-than-most-of-the-other-phones battery life.

Thanks
I figured the 1520 was a step above most others, including the 930 because its sd expansion.
do you know how to identify which models have qi wireless charging?

may give this one a whirl before the flagship is announced

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 830. It is good mid-range phone with expandable memory, wireless charging in-built, good camera, and "comfortable" display size (unlike huge 1520 :))

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
1520 for all those. Especially battery life.

Although, unless you're going absolutely crazy or rich, I couldn't recommend buying a new WP right now. We know new ones are right around the corner. If you're gonna have it for 2-3 years, what's waiting another 3-6 months for a real upgrade?

Hopefully, the new Flagship has an S810 and not just an 805, though. That would be a sad wait for a marginal improvement.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks
I figured the 1520 was a step above most others, including the 930 because its sd expansion.
do you know how to identify which models have qi wireless charging?

may give this one a whirl before the flagship is announced

QI build-in.
Lumia 830, 930, 1520 (RM-937, RM-938, RM-939) and Icon.
QI after modification 1520 (RM-940)

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The 939 and 830 are probably the best two phones right now. As much as I loved my 1520, it's safe to call it too large for many people. The 5" phones are easier to hold and use one handed. Cost-wise, the 830 seemed to have the best overall value, but the 930 beats it, spec-wise.

Sent from my Lumia 830

sadbiker

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
930, we looked to upgrade my wife from a old 800 to the 830, but decided to give her my 920 and I moved to the 930. 920 was a good phone, 930 has been a good update. Slightly more useable screen, camera is impressive.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
i would consider the 830 but as for previous research and from what i have read here
the 830 is a marginal, sidegrade, not upgrade over the 920
Nokia Lumia 830 vs Lumia 920: Is it a worthy upgrade? | Windows Central

It's not a marginal sidegrade but a significant one, especially with the post denim firmware update. Great battery life, glance, wireless charging, fast and better camera, very very minimal heating...all at the cost of slight performance hit (in games only).

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I'd say there is no clear winner. Everyone is expecting slightly different things from their phones, so everyone is going to promote what they think is best. Someone enjoys big screen and fast insides and don't really care about camera or expendable storage. Someone else might need expendable storage and is willing to sacrifice specs for it. This question just can't have simple answer :)

But so I wouldn't be much off-topic... L930 is awesome device with superb design, but suffering from weird hiccups (no microSD slot, poor battery life, heating issues etc.). L1520 is everything that is L930 but better. Unfortunately with big-*** screen so you need to carry extra bag just for your phone. Right now it really seems to be better to buy something older (L925) or mid-end (L830) and wait for WP10 devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes