Is the Microsoft app store down?

struppi

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I searched it but did so far not find an answer.

I have the following problem: For more than a week, I had not been able to download several apps whereas other apps could be downloaded from the Microsoft app store. As I have seen, other people have the same problem - but then again, people on different forums told me they were able to download the apps I desire.

What is the reason for this strange behavior? Is the app store down...? What can I do to solve this problem? Thanks for all your hints.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I searched it but did so far not find an answer.

I have the following problem: For more than a week, I had not been able to download several apps whereas other apps could be downloaded from the Microsoft app store. As I have seen, other people have the same problem - but then again, people on different forums told me they were able to download the apps I desire.

What is the reason for this strange behavior? Is the app store down...? What can I do to solve this problem? Thanks for all your hints.
make sure all settings related to location are the same. ex>> for me it's USA. all my settings reflect that.
also make sure that you have unticked download over wifi. be aware that some apps will download only over wifi as they are too large for cellular data.
it could also be lack of space on phone or sd card if your phone supports one. free up some space on one/both and retry the app you are wanting to download.

struppi

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your friendly thoughts, Gabriel. About storage space: My new phone has about 30 GB on the SD card and around 3 GB on the system itself. Whereas I found out via another forum that I had to check for the name of my phone on the WindowsPhone Website settings. Strange enough, there was a wrong entry there. After having changed that to the correct settings, I was able to download and install a few apps, but then again, more apps were not downloadable.

I have in the meantime found another solution: Downloading the corresponding file (.xap) and installing the app manually. That solved all the problems. I can unfortunately not post the link that describes the corresonding procedure as I have not posted enough on this forum yet. Sorry for that.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon