I have an Insteon home automation system, which is excellent, affordable and operates beautifully. However the Windows phone app leaves a lot to be desired. I was shocked when, for fun, I loaded the iOS app on my 5 year old iPhone 4. The app on this dinosaur worked better and had so many more features than on my 1520! What a farce

Please take a moment to email Support@Insteon.com
    as they informed they will update the Windows phone app if enough people complain about the "needed updates to the app"
    Thanks!
    05-07-2015 09:32 AM
    I would take to Twitter or some other social media site rather than here. You'll get to more people.

Also, this is not unusual for WP unfortunately.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-07-2015 09:37 AM
    I would take to Twitter or some other social media site rather than here. You'll get to more people.

Also, this is not unusual for WP unfortunately.
    I am not familiar with how t accomplish this on Twitter?

Perhaps some people will respond here....
    05-07-2015 10:16 AM
    Not sure how familiar you are with twitter but the simplest thing to do is read up on it - Creating a #Hashtag Campaign on Twitter | Social Media Today

Then #windowsphone #windowsphoneusers #wp #wpapps #Insteon
    @windowsphone @windowsphoneusers @wp @inteon

Find the best hastag/@ for Isteon to use to be successful.
    aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-07-2015 10:58 AM
    Ok thanks I am working on it. Please send an email too!😊
    05-08-2015 11:28 AM
    Some good news. Insteon and MS are joining up again to revamp things for Win10. Hopefully its a better effort than last time. I bought Insteon stuff thinking MS and them had a good partnership, but after my investment and realizing parts of the app were broken, and even more so now that SMS alerts ended and no update to Win app, it seemed apparently MS tossed some money at them to make an app then Insteon pretty much stopped caring - the typical story for WP apps. So anyway, I'm hopeful again. Although it will be a little while for the app obviously.
    Insteon Drives IoT Innovation With Microsoft at Microsoft?s Build Developer Conference ? insteon.com
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-2015 12:47 AM
    Some good news. Insteon and MS are joining up again to revamp things for Win10. Hopefully its a better effort than last time. I bought Insteon stuff thinking MS and them had a good partnership, but after my investment and realizing parts of the app were broken, and even more so now that SMS alerts ended and no update to Win app, it seemed apparently MS tossed some money at them to make an app then Insteon pretty much stopped caring - the typical story for WP apps. So anyway, I'm hopeful again. Although it will be a little while for the app obviously.
    Insteon Drives IoT Innovation With Microsoft at Microsoft?s Build Developer Conference ? insteon.com
    That is good, but I also hope they update the 8.1 app!
    05-11-2015 12:51 AM