Unlocking my device takes a while.is this normal?

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Unlocking my device takes a while..

Running WP8.1 on my ATT Lumia 830.

Ok, so over the last few days (couple weeks?), I've noticed that everything's taking a pretty long time to complete. This is especially noticed when I unlock the device, to get to the home screen it's saying, "Loading...".

This is getting more prominent and I'm not sure what's causing it. Part of the boon of WP is that there's usually little loading to some general activities, and it's been getting worse.

Anyone ever experience this and have any suggestions on fixing it? Any help's welcome.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unlocking my device takes a while..

Hey sir, i think you have some process (or couple) working very very hard in background. When did you last restart your phone? Try soft restart, that will close all apps or software procces. If that don't work, probably hard or even recovery tool (to get brand new os copy) will allmost 99% do the job.
I doubt that your hardware causing it. Might, but still..hope/doubt not.
Ps. Also don't do recovery backup, start fresh. It's in most cases best.
Try it and tell us!

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unlocking my device takes a while..

For loading problem when unlock,
have you installed any lock screen apps like live lock screen .......and then uninstalled.

Then first launch kids corner from settings and then you will see the message that asking you to 'Turn off Live Lock Screen', to which you select 'turn off'.
Then disable kids corner.

For other as you said everything takes to much time to load.
Have you try to launch apps that installed on sd card.....if your sd card is slower then it will take time to launch app...i also experienced that.
If its not then try a soft reset.
And if doesn't cured do a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre