Recommendation for Rogers Windows phone

webosdropout

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Getting a new top of the line Surface Pro 3 at work to replace my laptop (yay for me!). Based on the recent new re. Microsoft focus and future was just wondering what you folks thought about the current line up of MS phone at Rogers.

My Z10 is due for an upgrade and work wont let us have iPhone. Not a big fan of Android and was never crazy about my Z10 nor the new BB offerings. Since I'm used to a lack of apps on Z10 the same on MS phone doesnt bother me too much right now. Although I hope this may get rectified over time.

My question is: should I wait until Windows 10 is available on the phone or new phones to show up? I know very little about the MS phones so if you could point me in the right direction would be much appreciated. I'm also thinking of getting the MS fit band once the new version is out so that hopefully between my surface, phone & band I've got a decent eco-system working together.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Windows Phone 8.1 is a very slick, efficient operating system, and is very usable as of now. All phones running Windows Phone 8 or later will get a completely free update to Windows 10 Mobile when it's released later this year. Windows 10 Mobile brings many aesthetic changes and new features that overall improve the Windows Phone experience. It'll also work seamlessly with any other Windows 10 devices you have (the Surface Pro 3 will get a free update to Windows 10, and I assume the Band 2 will be released running Windows 10 preinstalled).
I'm not certain the availability of devices in your area or with your carrier, but the Lumia 640 and 640 XL are the latest Windows Phones from Microsoft and are both great value mid-range devices. Later this year two new flagship devices are expected to be launched if you're looking for something more high end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2