Windows Phone Connector For MAC + OSX El Capitan = Utterly Useless

chasehagen93

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
This App is horrible, it has been horrible for as long as I can remember, and now with OS X El Capitan its stop working all together. I've been a windows phone user since March 2013 (Had been a loyal iPhone user before, had a 3GS,4,4S & 5) and I am all Mac at home. Microsoft's Windows Phone Connector on the App store is practically useless, my Lumia 920 and 1020 always had trouble connecting to it, and now I have an Icon and same old same old, endless errors and reboots later if I was lucky it would connect once every ten tries or so! It was really ridiculous that a company like Microsoft would publish an app like this, but then again it hasn't been updated since April 2014 so they obviously don't care AT ALL about us Mac users that actually have a Windows Phone. Just look at the reviews on the App Store, All 1 star. I upgraded to OS X El Capitan (10.11) yesterday and now Windows Phone Connector doesn't even recognize my Icon as connected, no error messages no NOTHING, it's like its not even plugged in but the phone is showing that it is charging and I have it unlocked when I connect it. I really don't know what to say now other than I think I'll be going to get an iPhone 6S this week and I am going to tell my friends who I kept telling that you could own a Windows Phone and ALSO be a MAC user that I WAS TOTALY WRONG. MICROSOFT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT US MAC USERS. Guess all us Mac users should just all get iPhones, no wonder Widnows Phone is failing to gain any traction. HERE I COME iOS!

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
When I discovered it wouldn't work with OSX Yosemite, I downgraded back to Mavericks and have been running that way ever since. WinPhone recognizes my HTC One M8W, so I can at least sync that way. I would still like something like the old WM6/6.5 sync software though...

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Instead of downgrading your phone to an IPhone, why not upgrade your computer to a windows computer...:wink:

This is the kind of crap I hate to read from Windows fanboys. It's an unoriginal joke that implies the end user is at fault for attempting to use a product that was initially advertised as being cross-platform. Why don't you downgrade your head out of your rearend and accept other people's personal preferences.

That aside, to the OP: go get an iPhone. I did. You won't have any luck with WP anymore. Windows doesn't care. At least Android OEMs will offer a sync tool, or are compatible with the simple Google one. This is also what had a hand in killing off the Zune. Don't make Microsoft a priority if they aren't going to help you. YOU are the customer. You don't have to stay loyal to a company run by morons.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
This is the kind of crap I hate to read from Windows fanboys. It's an unoriginal joke that implies the end user is at fault for attempting to use a product that was initially advertised as being cross-platform. Why don't you downgrade your head out of your rearend and accept other people's personal preferences.

That aside, to the OP: go get an iPhone. I did. You won't have any luck with WP anymore. Windows doesn't care. At least Android OEMs will offer a sync tool, or are compatible with the simple Google one. This is also what had a hand in killing off the Zune. Don't make Microsoft a priority if they aren't going to help you. YOU are the customer. You don't have to stay loyal to a company run by morons.

I think its a very accurate description. NO JOKE inteneded! I AM NOT A WINDOWS ******, I am however very ANTI APPLE. Ran all their products for 6 months and every one was pure garbage. I am speaking from personal experience not "******" ism as you suggest. I own android products and enjoy them as well. APPLE is GARBAGE.

A company run by morons = Microsoft?
A company 100 % supported by morons = APPLE!...if it were not for morons, Like those who camp out for weeks to get the latest Icrap, apple would be dead in the water. Because anyone with any intelligence would buy something else and from the comfort of their own home.

Take care!

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I think its a very accurate description. NO JOKE inteneded! I AM NOT A WINDOWS ******, I am however very ANTI APPLE. Ran all their products for 6 months and every one was pure garbage. I am speaking from personal experience not "******" ism as you suggest. I own android products and enjoy them as well. APPLE is GARBAGE.

A company run by morons = Microsoft?
A company 100 % supported by morons = APPLE!...if it were not for morons, Like those who camp out for weeks to get the latest Icrap, apple would be dead in the water. Because anyone with any intelligence would buy something else and from the comfort of their own home.

Take care!

*Looks at Macbook*

*Notes how Macbook is still working after five years.*

*Notes how Macbook transfers music to iPhone.*

*Looks at Windows Phone.*

*Notes how Macbook no longer transfers music to Windows Phone.*

*Looks at boyfriend's Windows machine.*

*Notes how the graphics drivers don't work right thanks to Windows 10.*

*Gives him Macbook.*

*All is well.*

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Bah ha ha. His "windows notebook" must have been from 2005. Both mine work fine with windows 10. And macbooks are NOT immune from the awesome spinning beachball of death either. Again, I say, instead of downgrading his phone to the iPhone, upgrade his computer to a windows computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes