About secure wireless networks sync between Windows devices, same account.

MataRatos

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 620 and a laptop with the same MS account. My laptop is running Windows 10. I've noticed that every secure wireless network that I add on my L620 syncs to my laptop, even though I havent accessed that network with the laptop, so I believe it's syncing from L620 to the laptop.
If I re-flash my L620 or do a hard reset and then setup the phone again, the secure wireless networks don't ask me for a password when I access them, so I believe it syncs allright. I THINK that either way if I restore a previous backup or start from scratch, the phone allways syncs the wireless networks.
But now that I've bought a L640 I can's seem to sync these networks... Either restoring from a L620 backup, or starting from scratch, it just wont sync the networks, I have again to enter the password for each network that I access.
Am I missing something here? Shouldn't it be syncing the wireless networks profiles?

MataRatos

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the help and sugestions. :) Going to answer to myself: Has to erase all my L620 backups on OneDrive, then make a full backup, hard reset on L640, recovering from L620 backup, waiting for all apps to install (at this point it already detected my home wifi and connected to it), reboot and that it, all wireless profiles are synced. Now I'll have o wait and see if a wireless network added to one Phone automatically syncs to the other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb