Cannot backup phone HTC One M8

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Ive started having a few issues with my One M8 as of late. My main one is not being able to backup my phone. I did the same thing I had to do on my wife's old 1520. Delete the old backup and create a new backup and be OK. I did that to my m8 and now it says that it can't log into OneDrive to backup. I need to update my phone. The thing is, I'm stuck on Denim with nowhere to go. I might have to warranty out my phone soon and I am afraid that I might lose everything if I can't backup my phone. I never had this issue with my old Lumia's. Anyone got any info on how to remedy this?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ive started having a few issues with my One M8 as of late. My main one is not being able to backup my phone. I did the same thing I had to do on my wife's old 1520. Delete the old backup and create a new backup and be OK. I did that to my m8 and now it says that it can't log into OneDrive to backup. I need to update my phone. The thing is, I'm stuck on Denim with nowhere to go. I might have to warranty out my phone soon and I am afraid that I might lose everything if I can't backup my phone. I never had this issue with my old Lumia's. Anyone got any info on how to remedy this?

check in settings > emails to see if there any errors with your account
Also, check in onedrive app that you are logged in - maybe log out and log back in
Then try the backup

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
There are no errors with my e-mail account and there is no way to log out of OneDrive on the phone. I did however reset the app. I'm going to try again to see if that helps.

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Well after the app reset the phone will still not back up. So now I am stuck. I plan on doing an insurance claim on the phone, but I am afraid with the replacement phone I might not be able to do a restore

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Well after the app reset the phone will still not back up. So now I am stuck. I plan on doing an insurance claim on the phone, but I am afraid with the replacement phone I might not be able to do a restore

just to allay your fears, the backup mostly remembers which apps were installed on the phone, the settings and start screen layout. All this can be done manually instead of using a restore. you will lose app data for some apps

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'll keep that in mind. Now I have to fight with Assurion, the insurance company for AT&T. They want to offer me a Galaxy S6 in exchange. I have nothing against Samsung, I just am not a fan of Android so I need to talk to a live rep to get another One M8 or hopefully they will give me a Lumia 950. If I can get a Lumia 950 then I might start fresh and new.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'll keep that in mind. Now I have to fight with Assurion, the insurance company for AT&T. They want to offer me a Galaxy S6 in exchange. I have nothing against Samsung, I just am not a fan of Android so I need to talk to a live rep to get another One M8 or hopefully they will give me a Lumia 950. If I can get a Lumia 950 then I might start fresh and new.

get the 950, better support for that and it's newer

Shashank Makkar

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
tif you are not able to backup your phone.....try this. go to back up and delete any previous back ups that you might have created. the try to back up again. this neat trick has worked for thousands of users.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes