Being Prageeth

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 has not even been pushed to the general public and we already have some bits regarding the upcoming WP9. The document has been leaked by myce.comand they say that Microsoft has plans to release WP9 Preview in Q2 2015, which is similar to its desktop counterpart ? Windows 9 that is also going to be in preview stage in second quarter of next year.
This implies that the final release of windows phone 9 will be pushed by the end of next year. The document says WP9 will take 16 months to be released after WP8.1. For the record MS took whopping 17 months to release WP 8.1 after launching WP8.
There is no word on what shall be expect from WP9. An exhaustive list was leaked by a Microsoft personlast month. We will see what features will be inherited in windows phone 9.

Sting921

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Would be great if they could ready the Windows phone 9 update by 2015(Q2) though I would love to have updates in between too.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I dunno...................if windows phone 9 doesn't have the ability to run two apps at once (split screen). I Dunno if I will stick around. I think i'll take a 2 year brake to clear my head. Mostly because my patience is running out and MS takes so long sometimes with some features.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I want a full terminal (CMD)... useless to many, but gold to me.
Gives it a hackerish/pro feel. But ofc, with all the commands you can find on Linux/Win, not just LS, CD and a few others..
Actually I just want an "open" system. So you can actually get almost full control over your device, and you can use every part of it.

JasoX

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Gives it a hackerish/pro feel. But ofc, with all the commands you can find on Linux/Win, not just LS, CD and a few others..
Actually I just want an "open" system. So you can actually get almost full control over your device, and you can use every part of it.

Whenever I used a terminal in *nix, I used it because it was faster and more efficient than any GUI, not because "hackerish/pro feel".

WP is not likely to be open at all, but I wouldn't be surprised that someone would be able to get access to the Administration account. But for what use? Install non authorized apps?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like Android to me - open system with root terminals. Android is not what MS is intending for WP to be

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

that's literally what you could do with Android should you want and would fly in the face of what MS is trying to do with Windows Phone. For those fancy advanced features, Android pretty much is the way to go. (on phones that is)

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I thought of that also, tho I might try something similar, since Android is too mainstream for me, and that's a big deal.
But on the other hand, I was just going by what MS made available on PCs (I do get it that phones and PCs aren't the same thing, and MS doesn't have the same goals for them).
Anyway, another thing I want is way more transparency. Just now (with 8.1 DP) I got how much is it cool. Transparency EVERYWHERE!
It's so cool, it's a sin not to implement it. Also, some features that other phones have, WP 7 was a prime example of stupidity (not having so much features that even dumb phones had), and while WP 8 and 8.1 fixed a lot of that, WP still lacks some.

Seems like I'm heading to Jolla as my second phone (if I ever get two), but the mere thought that I would have two phones kills me, why not have one that has everything?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I thought of that also, tho I might try something similar, since Android is too mainstream for me, and that's a big deal.
But on the other hand, I was just going by what MS made available on PCs (I do get it that phones and PCs aren't the same thing, and MS doesn't have the same goals for them).
Anyway, another thing I want is way more transparency. Just now (with 8.1 DP) I got how much is it cool. Transparency EVERYWHERE!
It's so cool, it's a sin not to implement it. Also, some features that other phones have, WP 7 was a prime example of stupidity (not having so much features that even dumb phones had), and while WP 8 and 8.1 fixed a lot of that, WP still lacks some.

Seems like I'm heading to Jolla as my second phone (if I ever get two), but the mere thought that I would have two phones kills me, why not have one that has everything?

Well, if you want at least some of that and something not mainstream, pop in at webOS Nation, pick up a Pre, Veer or something.

The HTC HD2 awaits! Boot WP 7.x, Android (x.y), etc!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm good for now, aside from the cracked screen, the Lumia 1520 serves me well. But who knows what the future holds.

Also since we that topic, MS will need to push some of it's wishes to the side (for example, staying minimalistic and "simple") or else other platforms which do listen to what users need (and do give up some of their initial plans) will push WP out of the game.
Another thing I would like is a redesign (not complete, just a refresh), some things need to change, the tiles and all that thing, it is nice, but not enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon