Great article on TechnoBuffalo on iOS Boredom

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Good article. And the comments surprisingly agree for the most part.

My sister is a long time iPhone fan. But she said the iPhone5 may be her last unless some big changes are made.

dwayne.williams

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I thought the article was interesting. I would agree with a lot of it. But I think there are a few areas that the author sort of skipped over that are really important. I know that having a UI that is beautiful is a big selling point and people may be growing tired of just a grid of icons. And I do understand people's desire to have a choice of form factors and CPUs. But those things don't matter much unless the phone performs well. That is one of the areas that Apple has really led in. The iPhone performs like no other device. It is the reason it has the highest satisfaction rating every year of any smartphone. I think that Android devices are far superior to any platform as far as its capabilities. But in my experience, they aren't reliable. The second area where I believe Apple succeeds is the accessories market. There are tons of accessories for the iPhone. There will never be a shortage of that. When I can purchase a new iPhone at the store and have 30 plus options for cases, that's a plus. When my device is compatible with a multitude of home entertainment systems, speakers, and such, that's a bonus. That's where Apple is winning the game.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Agree. The iPhone isn't just about phone and software, it includes stuff like iTunes (which I still use to buy music,due to aac being superior to mp3), accessories (both my cars natively support iPhone, neither WP or android), etc

Whilst I love my wp7, in still tempted to go back to IOS.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
@SnailUK ... I think you'll find more exciting feature and capability enhancements in WP8 than you will in iOS 6, and I'm basing that on information from their respective SDK's alone.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I read this article back when it came out and I couldn't agree more. iOs has gotten extremely stale and I have no desire whatsoever to get the new iPhone. Even one of my coworkers who was totally gung-ho about Apple products is thinking that he is most likely going to switch OSes when his upgrade is available later this year.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I didn't dislike my iPhone when I had it, but a year and a half after buying it, with software updates, it got to be slow and very frustrating to use. So I switched to Android. If thats what people like, more power to them, it was not for me and I am not tempted to try Android again. Windows Phone appealed because it looked different and seemed fresh, and I thought live tiles were a no brainer.

While I admit, I like the looks of my wife's iPhone 4s, the honest truth is I don't think it looks better than my Lumia 900. The leaked photo's of the iPhone 5, if true, look horrible (in my opinion). Ultimately, it will come down to what people prefer, as it always has. Still its good to see that more and more people are realizing Windows Phone exists.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I didn't dislike my iPhone when I had it, but a year and a half after buying it, with software updates, it got to be slow and very frustrating to use. So I switched to Android. If thats what people like, more power to them, it was not for me and I am not tempted to try Android again. Windows Phone appealed because it looked different and seemed fresh, and I thought live tiles were a no brainer.

While I admit, I like the looks of my wife's iPhone 4s, the honest truth is I don't think it looks better than my Lumia 900. The leaked photo's of the iPhone 5, if true, look horrible (in my opinion). Ultimately, it will come down to what people prefer, as it always has. Still its good to see that more and more people are realizing Windows Phone exists.

Its a good article I must admit...and from what I can take out of it is this:

A. Crapple isn't the only "innovator" around here anymore...

B. Its simplicity that WP is loved for and is its true USP.

C. WP just needs to be recognized by the general crowd, and THEN Timmy Cocky loses his sleep. :p

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
That article sounds like the reason I switched in any case. I was just bored. it wasn't a bad or miserable experience being an iPhone use. I just got....bored. Every iOS release the features are...lacking any excitement. Big hardware features turn out to not be so much hardware changes but software changes locked to hardware. But gosh darn it the damn grid and tile system could drive a man to drink. Its just such a static screen on iOS compared to Android and Windows Phone. The worst thing is there isn't any sign of major change coming. As others pointed out people get invested in the eco-system and its a hard jump to make. Apps sometimes feel unpolished on other platforms compared to iOS.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Its a good article I must admit...and from what I can take out of it is this:

A. Crapple isn't the only "innovator" around here anymore...

B. Its simplicity that WP is loved for and is its true USP.

C. WP just needs to be recognized by the general crowd, and THEN Timmy Cocky loses his sleep. :p

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

While I understand your point, referring to Apple as Crapple and Tim Cook as Timmy Cocky makes you sound like a ******. I never could understand why people can't just admit that each OS out there has its strengths and weaknesses and is the best tool for the job for some people. These forums are of their greatest use when people can come on here and convey their point of view in a clear, concise, adult manner and not by resorting to name-calling.

As for iOS, it's lost the allure it once held for a lot of people, myself included, but will continue to be the OS of choice for millions out there. There's nothing wrong with picking what you like and going with it.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
While I understand your point, referring to Apple as Crapple and Tim Cook as Timmy Cocky makes you sound like a ******. I never could understand why people can't just admit that each OS out there has its strengths and weaknesses and is the best tool for the job for some people. These forums are of their greatest use when people can come on here and convey their point of view in a clear, concise, adult manner and not by resorting to name-calling.

As for iOS, it's lost the allure it once held for a lot of people, myself included, but will continue to be the OS of choice for millions out there. There's nothing wrong with picking what you like and going with it.

I agree. I buy your point. I shouldn't have done that. Apologies. Just that I hate Apple..but you are right..
Name-calling and the likes drive the discussion in another direction. My bad..

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Agree. The iPhone isn't just about phone and software, it includes stuff like iTunes (which I still use to buy music,due to aac being superior to mp3), accessories (both my cars natively support iPhone, neither WP or android), etc

Whilst I love my wp7, in still tempted to go back to IOS.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

That's going to change when the new iPhone comes out with its different connector. Also WP8 will be bringing tons more to the table than iOS6.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I buy your point. I shouldn't have done that. Apologies. Just that I hate Apple..but you are right..
Name-calling and the likes drive the discussion in another direction. My bad..

Sent from my DROID RaZr.
No worries, I'm not a huge fan of Apple myself and will do everything I can to avoid spending any more money on their products if I can help it. I'm not a fan of iOS and I really don't think there is a lot of value for the kind of money that you are spending. I love the fact that you can get high-end hardware on WP7/8 for much less money and not feel like you're missing anything.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If he doesn't want a new iPhone, then don't buy one. Don't see the need for a saga long post to say why.

"I don't want Doritos with my lunch, here, let me tell you why."

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I think this article is one many that will start to circulate. Apple really need to 'wow' with the launch of the iPhone 5 if they're to keep their token iSheep. Sorry if that phrase offends anyone. I really can't think of a better description for those how go out and buy iProducts just because a lot of other people own them.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Why does Apple have to "Wow" people. The people who like iPhones REALLY like them and I don't see Apple losing customers. I feel like MS/Nokia needed to "Wow" people and they haven't.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Why does Apple have to "Wow" people. The people who like iPhones REALLY like them and I don't see Apple losing customers. I feel like MS/Nokia needed to "Wow" people and they haven't.

The hype, price, and industry demands it, if you're to stay on top. It's nothing personal; just the nature of the beast.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They didn't Wow people with the 4S, and it sold like hotcakes.
The hype, price, and industry demands it, if you're to stay on top. It's nothing personal; just the nature of the beast.
Not looking up the data, but I'm pretty every release of the iPhone has sold better than the previous.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes