starting to hear people talk about wp8... =)

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
so my co worker today was talking about windows phones, and he has a complete apple eco system at home. he was saying how "cool" it looked and how he really like the lumia...

then my regional manager pulled out a nokia lumia the same day! i was floored! point being people are starting to talk, and they are looking for another option other than ios and android.

all the hard work, and dedication is starting to pay off... now c'mon verizon and give us another windows phone!!! :p

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I think Verizon will bring at least 3 devices for WP8 a High end device from both HTC and Samsung and a mid range device from Nokia.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i think so too, just took them long enough...
ive been patient far too long

but it is nice hearing people start to talk, i think with windows 8 and surface, there will be a surge this holiday season of windows phone users... so when they hit it big ( not if but when) we can proudly say we were the entreprenuers of this wonderrful platform!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Im going to be the one to Say it.

to all the people that thought WP was going to fail.

I told you so! Lol

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express

Last edited:

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Ooooh oooooh I'm here too! Can I call ppl newbs and be disrespectful? I'm kidding. Lol. It will be nice to say that I acted on my own and wasn't a follower. Emerson would be proud of my self reliance.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I sold my iPhone and MacBook Air and have already replaced the MBA with a Samsung Series 9. I can't wait to upgrade to Windows 8 and I have my heart set on picking up a WP8 device as well.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I really think with Verizon getting a few more WP devices will help the platform a lot. It was really hard for any WP fans on that network, to only have one choice. Hoping T-Mobile get some nice devices as well!

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I really think with Verizon getting a few more WP devices will help the platform a lot. It was really hard for any WP fans on that network, to only have one choice. Hoping T-Mobile get some nice devices as well!

Well they are rumored to get the Samsung ativ S. that phone will be the high end device and it will help wp a lot for us :).

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Patience young grasshoppers.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Seems I recall HP saying the same thing with regard to webOS' future. ;)

Although I don't think WP7/8 are in the same boat as webOS. At least I hope not.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

There was a quote from a guy related to Apple, who said something like "There's a horse in Redmond as well, a horse that never stops running", when talking about the mobile future.

I think the future looks good. I don't need WP to become the number one smartphone OS, and even if it does the market needs competitors, but I think getting a bit above 10% would make it big enough to get the attention it needs from third parties like app developers and carriers.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yea..I kinda can confirm this is happening here in India too. A friend of mine msgd me and asked me about it. Another friend bought a Lumia and is loving it. My best friend is a big time Apple ******. His dad wanted to buy a new phone and I suggested Omina W. Inspite of being a little skeptical, he bought it for his dad. He told me a couple of weeks later, his dad has never been so happy with his phone before this. His dad absolutely loves the UI and fludity. My friend didnt exactly thank me for it (being an Apple ****** that he is) but we went drinking!!

My dad was seeing it yesterday on Yahoo page. Was waiting for him to ask me "Do you know anything about this"? But that never happened. Nonetheless, he was reading all the details.
(He has an Xperia S for those who wanted to know).

So yes...we can safely assume the movement, has begun. It will be slow. But it will hit hard when it happens.

Last edited:

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I also think the problem, especially with analysts, is that that most speculations seems to be based on comparisons with iOS and and Android. In that case, the situation for WP can look tough since people who already own a smartphone usually have invested in apps and are harder to convince.

But, what about all the people who don't have one yet? There must be a huge number of teens who have an Xbox but have been unable to convince their parents to give them a smartphone yet. If they care about gamerscore, or simply have a lot of friends on Live, WP is probably more attractive for them than for the average teen. And now we have Windows 8, which will have even more ways of convincing people that maybe they do need a smartphone after all.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Off topic, but that was Tim Cook that said that.

Dude..I just love ur name...hehehe..

Ok, u wont believe what just happened...
my boss, a lady, spoke about Ativ S. I mean, im no sexist or anything...but she can hardly tell hre remote from her phone...or her fridge from her washing machine...hehehe...

I was like..."YEAH YEAH! ITS COOL.."

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean. I've been telling my friends I'm dropping my Android for WP8 and knowing how much I have enjoyed my Android the past couple of years, it came as a shock to them. I explained to them about it and have sparked their interest in it as well. They are waiting to see how I like it before they pull the trigger but we have had a couple of discussions about it already thus far. Hopefully the word is spreading all over :D

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

indeed it is, my point is i am starting to see progress. for a while there it seemed like a never ending waiting game. but now people are talking more and more... its nice!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm still the WP advert-board for the clan and such. But, one of my friends from a game I play has a Lumia 800. Sure, I prefer my TITAN. I'm hoping I can get more people on WP. But I saw a lass (I believe on the bus) with a pink phone. Turns out it was a Lumia 800. She loved it. I nearly fell through the window of the bus in shock!

EDIT: I apologise, it was in a Subway outlet.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes