HTC 8S or Lumia 820?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So for some ungodly reason both Nokia and HTC failed big time on their mid-range devices.

Those devices are great and offer amazing color choices but they seem to cut losses in some unexpected ways, making them inferior to some their mid-range 7.5 counter part. They do offer MicroSD over their high end cousins and color color options. (double tone on the S, interchangeable covers on the 820)

HTC by not having a front-facing camera and Nokia by lacking Gorilla Glass. That being said the phones are beautiful.

Are you going for some of the mid-ranges?

I find myself a little bit annoying that the 8S is more like the OneV instead of the OneS. Very low end for calling themselves mid-range. However, I just spotted this color and is so pretty my eyes are salivating.

delicioush.png

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
ZTE and Oppo, plus I read Fujitsu wants to expand to the U.S. along with Acer and Asus have popped up as possibilities.

RobbyRob

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I am going with Nokia. A company with the most to lose from failing is the company who will put the most effort into the project. Just my opinion.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think that calling the 820 a failure solely on the basis of not having Gorilla Glass is a bit of an exaggeration. Considering the fact that it has the same guts as the 920 minus the camera and display but also adds micro SD support makes it a formidable device. Also, who knows if the 820 doesn't have hardened glass made by another manufacturer? I think you need to re-evaluate your thoughts.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm not counting them until I see them. I only saw Nokia,HTC,Samsung and Huawei on Microsoft list of wp8 partners.

Just be patient, I know ZTE and Oppo have committed to WP8. Fujitsu wants to expand. Asus has already leaked a WP8 tablet, with a phone to follow and i read something about Acer getting into the WP8 field. :)

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think that calling the 820 a failure solely on the basis of not having Gorilla Glass is a bit of an exaggeration. Considering the fact that it has the same guts as the 920 minus the camera and display but also adds micro SD support makes it a formidable device. Also, who knows if the 820 doesn't have hardened glass made by another manufacturer? I think you need to re-evaluate your thoughts.

Until it's proven to have some hardened glass it's untouchable for me. Also, a 1600 battery is weak sauce.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

I didn't called the 820 a failure, I just said that Nokia fail by cutting cost that way. But yeah the 820 is kind of weak.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Corning isn't the only one who makes a scratch/ shatter resistant product.

Most OEMs actually have their own. But they choose to include Gorilla Glass on high end phones because of the brand recognition.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I don't know if I'd call it a failure, but until I see a video of it being used as a hammer it won't get my dollars. Considering even the 610 has gorilla glass, it is a HUGE letdown for the replacement to Nokia's outgoing 2nd in command not to have it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol, what is ur ideal phone. And what do you plan on doing with it, that you can't do on devices now.

I can get satisfied with quite some options.

a phone with a true Pureview camera
the ATIV S
An Evo LTE running WP8
A Note running WP8

I just want a Windows Phone with the latest specs, You would think is too much to ask.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung and new Lumia are current spec wise.
I can get satisfied with quite some options.

a phone with a true Pureview camera

the ATIV S

An Evo LTE running WP8

A Note running WP8

I just want a Windows Phone with the latest specs, You would think is too much to ask.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I mentioned the ATIV as my ideal phone. Is the only Windows Phone I would call current specs. HTC and Nokia flagships are in Android mid-range territory.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I really think. This person should be banned. he's getting very annoying. Almost everybody agrees. and 920? a mid range phones? In your dreams. Just because the 920 doesn't have a full pureview camera doesn't mean it's a Mid range phone. man you are clearly stupid. Did you even read why Nokia didn't use the full pureview camera. Nokia even explained it. It's dead simple

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes