Are you switching from iOS to WP8?

emergenic

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
As a current iOS user on iPhone 4, eagerly awaiting the release of WP8, I was wondering how many other current iPhone (iOS) users are making the switch:

This Poll is for current owners of the following devices:

iPhone (original)
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

* After voting please post a pic (or screen capture) of your iDevice with your avatar on the screen, or the WPCentral.com homepage on as proof of ownership. Thanks

IMG_00000010-1_zps7f519fd9.jpg

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Tentatively going to WP8 from iPhone 3G. I have to get my grubby hands on one first to play around with it.

I'd post a pic, but the only digital camera I have right now is on the iPhone, which died a couple weeks ago. :confused:

emergenic

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
As a current iOS user on iPhone 4, eagerly awaiting the release of WP8, I was wondering how many other current iPhone (iOS) users are making the switch:

This Poll is for current owners of the following devices:

iPhone (original)
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

* After voting please post a pic (or screen capture) of your iDevice with your avatar on the screen, or the WPCentral.com homepage on as proof of ownership. Thanks

Click to view quoted image
Oops!

Mods - Please move under "WP8 General Discussion"

-Thanks

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Interesting approach...I need to do a clean-break myself, in order to avoid a possible iRelapse. ;-]
Haha. It's really the same thing, in a taller, slimmer package. Some small improvements in the camera and device performance, but I have not used it much, today. In fact, still using my 4S.

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
No, my first smartphone was a WP. But I just wanted to say that yesterday I went into an Apple store while shopping just to check out the iPhone 5. It was the first time I really played with an iPhone. I must admit, the industrial design of the phone feel REALLY nice in the hands and looks really nice in person as well. Also, my first encounter with iOS was pleasant as well.

Before I left, I was kind enough to load up the youtube video "Introducing Nokia Lumia 920" and paused it. Hopefully the next person who played with the phone thought it was an iPhone video and played it.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
No, my first smartphone was a WP. But I just wanted to say that yesterday I went into an Apple store while shopping just to check out the iPhone 5. It was the first time I really played with an iPhone. I must admit, the industrial design of the phone feel REALLY nice in the hands and looks really nice in person as well. Also, my first encounter with iOS was pleasant as well.

Before I left, I was kind enough to load up the youtube video "Introducing Nokia Lumia 920" and paused it. Hopefully the next person who played with the phone thought it was an iPhone video and played it.

Well played sir!!

RyanKennedy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully geting a cherry red 920 for Christmas... tired of being an iSheep! All kidding aside, I'll miss a couple of exclusive apps (chess with friends, for the most part) and pray that flipboard and pocket show up eventually. Other then that, I'm ready!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I probably shouldn't have voted, because I already switched from an iPhone 4 to a Nokia Lumia 820 (by way of a Nokia Lumia 920 than an HTC 8X, heh.) I no longer have the phone to take a picture of. But I do still have my original 16gb iPhone 3G which I keep charged and in my backpack as a backup. That iPhone and I went through **** and back (literally... it's been dropped into the gutter and had everything but the main logic board replaced) and I just can't bring myself to get rid of it. I keep it at 3.1.3 because it runs like a dog on 4.x. :)

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I bit the bullet and bought a Lumia 810.Overall I LIKE IT!!My favorite thing to do is show it off to iPhone and Android users. I have already convinced one iPhone user to jump over when their current contract is up.I have one Android person on the fence. I just don't show the good parts, I also point out the bad (it is a medium sized list). Hence the Android user is still thinking about it.But coming from an iPhone 3g its like night and day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes