Having issues with my new 8X...

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought the device on launch day for tmob (Yesterday), and the sales "set the phone up", or in my opinion, screwed the phone up. Once I got home, I pulled the phone out of the box, turned it on, set it up, and my cellular data wouldn't work. After a trip back to the tmob store, they told me to wait a few hours and it should start working. Now a whole day has passed, and still no data. I can make calls, but that is it. I went into a live chat with tmob, no help there. Any ideas?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Try powering down the phone.

Remove the SIM card from the tray. Ensure that it's properly aligned, then put it back in the tray.

Restart the phone.

If you still have no data, it's a T-Mobile provisioning problem or a defective phone. In either situation, you should take it to a T-Mo store and refuse to leave until you either have a properly provisioned account with data service, or a new phone with a functioning modem.

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Try powering down the phone.

Remove the SIM card from the tray. Ensure that it's properly aligned, then put it back in the tray.

Restart the phone.

If you still have no data, it's a T-Mobile provisioning problem or a defective phone. In either situation, you should take it to a T-Mo store and refuse to leave until you either have a properly provisioned account with data service, or a new phone with a functioning modem.
I've already powered down and up the phone about 10 times, but I haven't tried the sim thing yet. Trying that now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3