Couple of little niggles

jasontuk

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just bought my first Windows Phone and loving it! WPCentral has been a really helpful resource but I have a couple of little niggles I'm trying to solve:-

1. Some lives tiles never work for me, eg Microsoft's Weather app and Twinter Inc's own app, despite their description in the Store saying they support live tiles. Is there something I need to do to switch them on or are some live tiles just flakey?
2. Is there a way to have Email images automatically download in the Email client, without having to tap a placeholder?

Thanks.

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
1. To use the Weather App's live tile, you need to add the city manually using the + button, then when it's displaying, hit "Add Tile." It'll create it's own tile for the homescreen.

2. I don't think so, not yet anyway.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
The downloading of email images intrigues me.. Guess they don't want our phones hacked or visited by malware and viruses.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
They are just helping by not taking away too much data by showing images or links by default. It's easy to press a hyperlink in a spam email. That's why it only downloads minimal email and unless you know what you are reading, you don't really need to download pics (saves data) or you don't click hyperlinks by mistake (malware). I won't call this a niggle at all. I have saved myself so much time from straight deleting spams!

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
There's a setting to automatically download email pictures on wifi.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just bought my first Windows Phone and loving it! WPCentral has been a really helpful resource but I have a couple of little niggles I'm trying to solve:-

1. Some lives tiles never work for me, eg Microsoft's Weather app and Twinter Inc's own app, despite their description in the Store saying they support live tiles. Is there something I need to do to switch them on or are some live tiles just flakey?

Thanks.

You will find that some live tiles are better than others at actually being 'live'. For a good weather app with a live tile that works, try weather view.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2