VOIP for Windows Phone 8

shahulvm

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, can I please check if there is a true VOIP app for Windows Phone. Had been reading about it on the web, all references point that there is no true voip app, and all apps available are sort of VOIP...

Habib Khalfan

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the mobilevoip app from the market place? And with this you don't have to configure a thing. All you need to do is enter your credentials of a Betamax voip application you use. Enjoy!!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried the mobilevoip app from the market place? And with this you don't have to configure a thing. All you need to do is enter your credentials of a Betamax voip application you use. Enjoy!!

I'm in the UK, I already have unlimited calling to US landline and mobiles via Skype. I ring their number through my Skype and it will call their phone. I know for a fact this works as I have called my ex girlfriend in exactly this way. I just need a phone with a better Skype app than this damn titan... Which means I have to decide between the Lumia 820 and the 8X...

rantanplan1980

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
This is really sad. On my iPhone 3gs, then later on Android I was able to use either the Sipgate App or any other generic SiP client on my phone to use VoIP. Heck, starting with Gingerbread SiP support was baked into the OS!
Yes, I know, WP8 is new, and sleak, and more features will be implemented later. And maybe there'll even be a 3rd party SiP client. I just think this is just such a basic function I just assumed there would be support for it.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is really sad. On my iPhone 3gs, then later on Android I was able to use either the Sipgate App or any other generic SiP client on my phone to use VoIP. Heck, starting with Gingerbread SiP support was baked into the OS!
Yes, I know, WP8 is new, and sleak, and more features will be implemented later. And maybe there'll even be a 3rd party SiP client. I just think this is just such a basic function I just assumed there would be support for it.
Except if you ask 90% of wireless phone users, and they won't have a clue what SiP is, or even VoIP, beyond video calling with Skype, Facetime, etc. Hardly a basic function at all. Very advanced really.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon