Configuring For iTunes - AFTER Having Configured for Libraries?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's my dilemma... When I first plugged in my Lumia 822, I had no idea that there was no podcast support in the desktop client. I also had no idea that there was no improvement in the handset client, from a podcatching perspective...... So I just went default, and when the Win8 (formerly known as) Metro Windows Phone app installed, I just let it go with the Libraries option to "sync," not knowing that it wasn't sync at all, really....

My goal is to be able to subscribe to podcasts, and sync them to the phone. I don't care whether that's in the phone or on the computer. Problem is that the podcasts I listen to, I want to listen to sequentially, so listen to oldest first, but in order to mark them as played, you have to download first, and some of the podcasts I listen to have more than two or three hundred episodes. What a pain to download and manually mark as played individually, one at a time.....

So from the research I've done, it sounds like iTunes is probably (for now at least) my best bet, as bad a solution as that is. Here's Paul Thurrott's page on it: http://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/windows-phone-8-tip-enjoy-podcasts-go.

Now the problem: I've uninstalled and reinstalled the WP8 Metro app, but it doesn't give me that option again to choose iTunes to sync with. It just goes straight with libraries. Given that I have Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 installed, and the WP7 and WP8 SDKs both installed, there are LOTS of references to Windows Phone in the registry, so I'm looking for a needle in a haystack to figure out what to delete in order to get it to offer me the iTunes choice on install again, and I don't even know with 100% certainty that's the right place to look, but experience tells me that's the most likely place to look. If anyone has done this and has the answer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss