Weeks after: are you still happy?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
OK so when a person gets a new device there's obviously the initial euphoric state where you're super excited about the device but now that you've had it for a couple of weeks or so how do you feel about your wp8 device?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
The 822 is the best device I have owned to date and I see it as a keeper for a few years.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am very happy with my Lumia 820; that said, I had to go through a Lumia 920 and an HTC 8X (neither of which are bad phones, they're just not for me) to get here. :)

MechanizedSunrise

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Still happy. It's not perfect by any means, but definitely is a step in the right direction from WP7.5 in terms of backups. Plus, the phone looks and feels amazing.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
2 weeks in and I'm much happier with my 8x than I thought I would be. I expected more compromises, like with WP7.

Bryan_J

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I really do love my Nokia 920 hardware. I like the OS, I like Nokia's extras. The only thing that is infuriating me is the Xbox Music metadata and sync trainwreck. I use my phone as a music player that I pretty much listen to all day, every day and this is becoming a near dealbreaker.

Everything else being very, very pleasing is keeping me from looking for my return receipt for now.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 8x for exactly 2 weeks now and i still love it, i don't think that at any point i will stop being amazed at how nice it feels and how good it looks.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My 920 is the best phone I have owned, but I am waiting for a few fixes. So, not fixed its still an 8. My android and iPhone were barely a 6.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
When I got my Nexus I was all hyped up about it but after like a month the hype is gone and its just an everyday device and kind of boring. Fortunately I had solid reasons to get it so it still serves me well. That's one reason I want to go with Windows phone because once the initial hype goes away I need a device that will arrive me well everyday and would have been a great choice even if there had been no initial hype.

When I was deciding whether to go for a windows phone I asked some friends what apps they use on their iPhones and noticed that once all that app hype goes away, on a day to day basis they end up using just a few apps like Facebook and whatsapp. So I figured this is something windows phone will get good at and the whole experience will be much better in those areas that actually matter, like battery life, stability, speed, camera quality, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
2 weeks in and I'm much happier with my 8x than I thought I would be. I expected more compromises, like with WP7.

Almost exactly this. I am,however, finding Xbox Music to be more and more of a compromise over time. Really, really not cool and definitely one of the central aspects of the phone for me. It was the main reason I loved my HD7 so much.

Two steps forward, one step back. Love the hardware of the 8X, love the attention it gets 😆

weepatc

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had 3 Windowsphones HD7, Titan & now HTC 8x & have enjoyed every one of those devices & still do. I'm enjoying the experience even more as the OS matures but it still has a way to go.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
3-4 weeks in now, I love it. It feels better than my SGS3 in almost every way.

Mine has a battery issue though, where its really weird. Sometimes it lasts over a day, sometimes it lasts half a day, thats with NFC disabled and no backgroundprocesses..

Clove told me to ship it back so they can mark it as DOA or worst case scenario repair it and ship it back to me, which Ill do on monday (will be some sad weeks using my N9 though...).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon