Editing Excel Spreadsheets

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Is there a more premium version of the Office Apps than what comes on Windows Phone 8? I need to be able to add/delete rows and such but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. :unhappy:

Mistermcg

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue.

Upon testing this does not affect MS word documents, only Excel.
So far I cannot figure anything out - Office on the windows 8 phone just says upon opening "cannot edit workbook"

Perhaps its a permissions problem ?

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine are xlsx files and I can edit them. I simply don't have the ability to do more complex editing like adding/deleting rows which, for the record, I don't consider an advanced feature. Anyone have an idea on this?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
If put the xlsx file on your sky drive. Then open it with the web office in ie, you can add rows.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
If put the xlsx file on your sky drive. Then open it with the web office in ie, you can add rows.

Are you saying that I can't do it from within Office Mobile though? That's a little crazy don't you think? At this point, I'll take what I can get. I'll give it a try.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I agree it's crazy. There may be a way to do it with Office mobile but I couldn't find it. That was the only way.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I went into my Excel file thru IE and I still couldn't do what I wanted. I can edit simple things such as numbers and do simple formatting but I can't figure out how to insert a row. Am I doing something wrong??

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
When I opened it with web excel, I held my finger on row number until the whole row highlighted, then a popup came up that had copy, paste add row and a couple other things.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
When I opened it with web excel, I held my finger on row number until the whole row highlighted, then a popup came up that had copy, paste add row and a couple other things.

When I do that, I get a popup which allows me to "Freeze Pane, autofit, wrap text or hide". still can't get options for inserting/adding and the whole row is highlighted as you say. Same thing happens when I highlight a column :unhappysweat:

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I finally figured this out. Before you do ANYTHING, you need to go into the settings for IE and change it from Mobile version to desktop version. THEN and only then will you see the full range of options. It's smaller but at least it lets me do what I need to do. Fortunately I don't need to insert/delete rows/columns a lot.

vbg1

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
i am using Nokia 920
i am login on my sky drive and editing Excel files
i can select row (or column) by pressing holding row number then do copy and paste

but i need to select array of cells and copy them

I cannot work out how to select array of cells (not just single column or row)
any help ???????????????
:unhappy:

siddharthmantora

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I cant copy, cut , add or delete rows and columns like simple features in office 365 in Nokia lumia 920. while I was earlier
using all nokia E series phones E61i , E63 , E71 in last 5 years. I was very used to do all this on mobile.
It was very disappointing to find a new phone with reduced common features.

lukeap69

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Isn't that very disappointing? One would think that on a windows phone, office would be better. In fact, I can do more things on my Android and iOS devices. Excel on Windows mobile was excellent. On windows phone, they went backwards!

dj_91311

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I finally figured this out. Before you do ANYTHING, you need to go into the settings for IE and change it from Mobile version to desktop version. THEN and only then will you see the full range of options. It's smaller but at least it lets me do what I need to do. Fortunately I don't need to insert/delete rows/columns a lot.

Sounds like you are editing in the Cloud. If so, can one edit on the phone without web access. I was unable to copy and paste a range of cells, including a rectangle,

DJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes