TuneIn release for Windows 8?

krishnanr14

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I only heard TuneIn is still on Windows 7.5....However, anyone have any clue when the release for it on Windows 8 is coming? Honestly, they should have updated these apps before releasing the Windows Phone 8.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean Windows 8, or Windows Phone 8?

No idea when it's coming - you could always try tweeting @tunein and see if they reply. Sometimes unexpected things happen; development doesn't always go as planned. Be patient and things will come eventually :)

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I got a reply from TuneIn the other day saying they are working on a version for WP8 and to watch the store for a release. How long that exactly means, I don't know, but they specifically said they are working on it so that's good.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I only heard TuneIn is still on Windows 7.5....However, anyone have any clue when the release for it on Windows 8 is coming? Honestly, they should have updated these apps before releasing the Windows Phone 8.

Did you really just say that Microsoft should have waited for 3rd party developers to update all of their apps before releasing Windows Phone 8?

OttawaMan

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you really just say that Microsoft should have waited for 3rd party developers to update all of their apps before releasing Windows Phone 8?

Exactly. These developers get pre-release versions of the OS for development work. If their app isn't ready for the OS launch then either they are having challenges with it or they dropped the ball. All I can say is that they need to be carefull because there's always some clever developer on the side-lines ready to steal your market. What do you think is happening right now with regards to TuneIn app? People have a need and it's currently not being met by TuneIn so they are going to other apps to try out and see if it fulfills that need. Each time someone does that, TuneIn potentially loses a client. I'm sure they're aware of the tight-rope they're walking and are doing their best to get a quality product to market asap. But we are a fickle bunch we consumers.

Matt Fara

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That is incorrect, the SDK was not released until WP8 was announced.
It was very late, and a bad move on Microsoft's part.
But it has nothing to do with challenges or dropping the ball.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. These developers get pre-release versions of the OS for development work. If their app isn't ready for the OS launch then either they are having challenges with it or they dropped the ball. All I can say is that they need to be carefull because there's always some clever developer on the side-lines ready to steal your market. What do you think is happening right now with regards to TuneIn app? People have a need and it's currently not being met by TuneIn so they are going to other apps to try out and see if it fulfills that need. Each time someone does that, TuneIn potentially loses a client. I'm sure they're aware of the tight-rope they're walking and are doing their best to get a quality product to market asap. But we are a fickle bunch we consumers.

You misread the question? The OP implied that Microsoft should have waited and not released WP8 yet, because TuneIn isn't ready.

I'm sure we'd all be happy if Microsoft had announced "Folks, we're finished with WP8, it's gone gold, it's ready to be in store tomorrow! But we're releasing Q2 2013 because some dev can't be bothered to update his app until then."

If TuneIn is not ready by launch, that's their problem. Microsoft (and by extension us, the consumers) should not be made to wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon