NFC Sharing Not Working with Android

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Please, someone, explain this to me. First or all, why does Bluetooth have to be enabled for tap+send?

And whenever I tap my phone to a Nexus 7 to share a picture, it makes the noise, and then on the Nexus 7 it says new tags collected and "windows.com/sd"

Why can't I send my image? My nexus 7 is the only nfc device I have besides my 920.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Please, someone, explain this to me. First or all, why does Bluetooth have to be enabled for tap+send?

And whenever I tap my phone to a Nexus 7 to share a picture, it makes the noise, and then on the Nexus 7 it says new tags collected and "windows.com/sd"

Why can't I send my image? My nexus 7 is the only nfc device I have besides my 920.

if nfc isnt working for you, download photobeamer. go to photobeamer.com on your nexus 7. when the barcode pops up, open photobeamer on your 920. go to the pic you want on your nexus 7. scan the bardcode on your nexus 7 with your 920. bam your pic is on your nexus 7. you can save the pic on your nexus 7 screen.

nederveit

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I found it here somewhere in the forum...NFC will only transfer links, but not files to Android phones (from Windows phones). So you can transfer a playlist, but not a file.

red.foxx15

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My theory on the bluetooth needing to be on is that when you doing an NFC from one windows phone to the other it initiates the connection with NFC then transfers it via bluetooth. As far as transfer between WP and Android its not gonna work for photos either way. The only transfers ive gotten to work between my Nexus 7 and Lumia 822 are contacts and links

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
listen to me I know...Bluetooth has to be on because that's how the file is actually sent....tap+send and nfc.....NFC is used just to make the connection with another phone...Bluetooth always will be how the file is sent. Make sure on your Nexus that wifi-direct, nfc and any other setting that needs to be on....my 8x sends music, pictures, websites, videos just fine to my s3, trust me if your settings are correctly on your wp8 Bluetooth & tap to send....then its the android device

addicusbrown

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
How do you share videos from the Xbox Music+Video section? I don't get that option in that area.

Also - nfc didn't share the music from my or my wife's 920 to our friends SG3.

Last edited:

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
if nfc isnt working for you, download photobeamer. go to photobeamer.com on your nexus 7. when the barcode pops up, open photobeamer on your 920. go to the pic you want on your nexus 7. scan the bardcode on your nexus 7 with your 920. bam your pic is on your nexus 7. you can save the pic on your nexus 7 screen.

Fyi that's not lossless- I wouldn't use that if I were you.
Sent from my 820 using Board Express

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Turn NFC on, Turn Bluetooth on, Tap, Click.., Turn NFC and Bluetooth off.. so much hussle. I had high hopes for nfc tech but way its implemented (+that it cannot change phones settings in wp) let me down terribly.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Turn NFC on, Turn Bluetooth on, Tap, Click.., Turn NFC and Bluetooth off.. so much hussle. I had high hopes for nfc tech but way its implemented (+that it cannot change phones settings in wp) let me down terribly.

Keep NFC and Bluetooth on always and then all you do is Tap, Click, done. No hassle. There is always a choice.

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Last time I tried that, it asked me to pair with android device when wanted to trade info with +1 to hassle again!
Also both bluetooth and nfc drain a bit of power from the battery so i dont really fancy keeping them running all the time.

Last edited:

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Even if I am standing beside someone I share something through the cloud, NFC is a pain. I wish that WP8 included p2p networks like Android, maybe that would make it work a little better.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Android device says "new tag collected" "windows.com/SD". Works fine with two 920s but not with nexus 4. It seems like the nexus 4 is the issue as whats on the screen makes zero sense. But I wonder which device is causing the issue or both? I also noticed that the nexus 4 doesn't have the option to share a photo via NFC when you click the sharing icon so maybe nexus 4 doesn't support it.

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
NFC does not transfer the data, it instruct Bluetooth how to send the information. You can accomplish the file transfer without using NFC by simply pairing your Nexus 7 and Windows Phone together using Bluetooth. Then go to the picture on your Windows Phone, click "..." then click Share, then click bluetooth. Accept the photo on your Nexus 7 and Whalla! Your picture is transferred to the Nexus 7 via bluetooth (which is what NFC would have done in the first place). I know its a bit more cumbersome to do it this way, but at least it works. For future photos, simply go to Setting - Bluetooth on your phone and tap your Nexus 7. This will pair your Nexus 7 and Windows Phone. Then repeat steps above to send the picture.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that's a WP limitation. You must turn on Bluetooth. Android will automatically turn Bluetooth on, and turn it off when the transfer is done. Just make sure Bluetooth is turned on on your WP and you should be good.

Last edited:

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
then you have something wrong with your settings tooo...I been able to send videos, pictures, music, links everything from my 8x to my s3

You're the first person I've actually come across to state that it is possible to share content other than contacts, URLs, etc using NFC between WP8 devices and Android devices. Everywhere that I've read says it isn't possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes