Can windows phone keyboard be typed on as fast as this?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
8x is my first touch screen keyboard phone (been using blackberry for 4 years) & i type faster on the 8x than my 9900.

Could you give me some tips? How was the transition? I tried out an 8X in store and it wasn't correcting even basic mistakes even though autocorrect was turned on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It's extremely responsive, and the autocorrect seems to work better than most. Of course you dont get the tactile feedback, but you could physically move your fingers that fast and the keyboard could keep up easily (ive had android keyboards slow down when i typed too fast sometimes).

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Theoretically yes, I think it's responsive enough that you could do that. It's just a question of whether or not anyone would be able to tap that fast and accurately without the tactile sensation of a physical keyboard. I say no, they can't.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You can with a well calibrated Swiftkey X. Ergo, with a well calibrated WP8 keyboard you could as well.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
it also have that other text thing...I think its called preemptive text or something...suppose to learn what you type on the web, messages, wherever on the phone you type...so it could have been adding in those...(from other people)

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Used a Nokia E63 in the past (QWERTY phone), typing speed was comparable to the video's. Ever since I started using touchscreen phones, I've been slowed down a LOT. My thumbs are pretty small, but WP's auto correction doesn't really work as desired..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes