Syncing Gmail Contacts?

nander

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I just got my Lumia 920 today and for some reason all my Gmail contacts don't sync. I uploaded them from my Lumia 800 on that device I have options to sync emails as well as contacts and calendars on all my Gmail accounts. On my 920 I only have the option for email. I noticed that the 800 is using m.google.com as a server while my 920 is using IMAP protocols for both, could this be the culprit? I'm hesitant to change it before I know what exactly is causing this. Thanks in advance!

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I just got my Lumia 920 today and for some reason all my Gmail contacts don't sync. I uploaded them from my Lumia 800 on that device I have options to sync emails as well as contacts and calendars on all my Gmail accounts. On my 920 I only have the option for email. I noticed that the 800 is using m.google.com as a server while my 920 is using IMAP protocols for both, could this be the culprit? I'm hesitant to change it before I know what exactly is causing this. Thanks in advance!

Yes. When you set it up did you use the "Google" profile or the "other account" (pop and imap) profile?

I have 2 google accounts that sync. One using the Google profile that gives me all the options, and the other i added using the "other account" profile to just sync emails.

nander

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes. When you set it up did you use the "Google" profile or the "other account" (pop and imap) profile?

I have 2 google accounts that sync. One using the Google profile that gives me all the options, and the other i added using the "other account" profile to just sync emails.

Wow what a fail by me, totally missed the Google profile options somehow, guess I was just to excited lol. Thanks!

Nikhil Agrawal1

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I used the google account but then also the problem persists. I am still not able to sync contacts. I tried using active sync but it's asking for domain and I cannot leave the domain blank. This freaking phone is making me crazy...please somebody help.

Jonty D

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my lumia 800 for the last 7 months now. but, 2 weeks back, i suddenly realised a few of my contacts were missing. Later, i reallised that my google account wasnt syncronising properly. When i deleted the account and tried to add it back, it started working. But, it synced only my mail. No contacts or calenders were synced. The option for syncing contacts, calenders and tasks just wasnt showing. I tried deleting and re-adding the account, with no luck. Even tried adding another google account, no luck there either.
But now i added my google account through advanced set up, using the Domain settings you gave. And all my mail, contacts, calenders and tasks have been syncronised. Thank you.
However, these accounts now show with OUTLOOK mail icon. and for some reason, i cant PIN it to start.
Any idea why the problem came up?
Users are going to loose trust in windows phones if such things happen.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
However, these accounts now show with OUTLOOK mail icon.
Windows Phone just uses the Outlook mail icon for all Exchange based accounts, so this is unfortunately unavoidable.

and for some reason, i cant PIN it to start.
Just a few things to check:
  • Is it already pinned? Dumb question perhaps, but I think email accounts automatically pin when you create them.
  • Where are you trying to pin from? Email accounts will appear as new "apps" in the application list, which is where you should be pinning from.
  • Is the account part of a linked inbox? If so, it cannot be individually pinned, you'll have to remove it from the linked inbox first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes