I miss WP7.... and I guess WP8. Should I come back home yet?

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
What's up guys. I was one of the early WP7 adopters who bought a phone before the NoDo update even came out. I stopped using WP7 after an accident involving a glass of water and my phone next to that glass. Because T-Mobile sucked at Windows Phones after the HD7, I went Android just to test the waters with a Nexus. It sucked. Then I went back to Blackberry just for the stability, but it sucked. I got hired working for Apple Corporate so naturally I went iPhone but man do I still miss my WP7 and those hubs.

I keep hoping that something will come up that will get me to go back to Windows Phones; since WP8 was the amazing thing that we all waited for back when it was just being rumored, but man I am not hearing good stuff yet. App selection is still sketchy to me. (I don't like 2nd rate alternatives to popular apps), and even the devices are acting buggy for some folks as I see in the forums. I am not biased about any device at all except for my beloved Windows phones, so any inkling of promise that going back will be worth it from you guys would be awesome. Using the iPhone is cool purely from an app selection and ecosystem between devices perspective, but that's about it. Obviously WP8 is also working the ecosystem somewhat well but the lack of big time developers are killing me. Should I just keep waiting a bit longer before playing Benedict Arnold to my job?

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
What apps can't you live without?

I already subscribe to Spotify, Mind you I use multiple Apple devices and computers because of work and Xbox Music is not available for them. Specific 3rd party Facebook and twitter apps that aren't available for WP. I actually never found a really good twitter app with push notifications the whole Time I had a windows phone, but the built in system might work maybe, haven't heard about it. Instagram. My wife loves to use pandora for road trips and when cleaning in the house with my phone hooked up to my stereo system. iTunes U is something I very frequently visit. Flipboard is my favorite app in the world. SOmething remotely close to Garageband, DJay, or Beatmaker II. Games like Grand Theft Auto Vice City or NBA Jam. Things like that. It's silly, but it's my preference. and I know its out of their hands, but I still really can't commit to an OS that doesn't have it when I already have one that does, even if it has it's own lowpoints

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea unfortunately we are still the red headed step child for app releases......like how twitter got new filters and such.....android and ios only......oh well I've learned to be patient. :)

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Yea unfortunately we are still the red headed step child for app releases......like how twitter got new filters and such.....android and ios only......oh well I've learned to be patient. :)

Yeah I hate that, especially because the most aesthetically pleasing apps are made for WP. Developers seem very fickle from what I've seen. Mind you I'm not aware of the details of that area of work, so I may be speaking ignorantly. I understand they expect a specific payoff for the work they do, but at the same time; those guys are mainly what drive the OS's nowadays. If one company's phone has this built in feature, the other company has a comeback because they have an app for that form a developer..... Developers p[lay chess with OS's and don't even know it I think. Again... just speaking from what I've seen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb