Facebook, howtot like individual comments...?

OppfinnarJocke

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to WP8, and I have a problem with the stock Facebook app.I can like postings, but comments on those postings I cannot seem to find out how to like. Could anyone guide me, please?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. I don't have WP8 yet but on the WP7 version of the Facebook app there is a "Like" link you can tap right under each comment made in a post. You can tap it again if you want to take your "Like" back.

NickyNichols

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
You have to open the post by pressing the little chat bubble icon and at the bottom there is a like button. You get used to it after a couple times.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to WP8, and I have a problem with the stock Facebook app.I can like postings, but comments on those postings I cannot seem to find out how to like. Could anyone guide me, please?

There's no way to do it that I've found. It's kind of a glaringly missing feature in the FB app. I swear the FB app was written by people that rarely, if ever, use FB.

-E

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Do you mean the intergrated Facebook stuff? Not the stand alone Facebook app?

For the intergrated stuff, no, you can not like comments. You have to use the Facebook app for that, or the website.

OppfinnarJocke

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the OP is referring to the integrated Facebook and not the actual app???

Yes, that's what I meant by the "stock app". Maybe it is not considered an "app", sorry for the bad terminology... Anyways, as I understand it, there is no way to like a comment on a posting through that whatchamacallit. I sure thought there were, only that I couldn't find it. Thanks all.

OppfinnarJocke

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
OK, I DL'd the FB app from teh store, and it looks pretty good.

I cannot understand though... WP8 ships with a crappy FB-integration app, what I called the "stock app", and then there exists a useful free FB-app. Both are made by MS! Why don't they ship the phone with the useful FB-app directly? New user are going to be put off when trying the phone out teh first time, looking at the stock FB-app. This happened to me... how was I to know that MS had another FB-app available that is much better than the stock one? I don't get it, to me this is simply bad marketing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes