Office folders are not visible

techie1961

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Using Windows 8 Explorer and USB, I have placed some files in the /Nokia/Documents/ folder on my Nokia 920 but when I try to open the files on the phone, the directory is missing. Is there no support for sub-folders in Windows Phone 8 Office? I can place files directly in the directory but not in a folder.

hudsonvalley

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue. The phone sees only docs in main folder and doesn't see any subfolders.
It would be nice to be able to create subfolders and keep files organized.

shm958

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I am also Windows Phone learner [Lumia 820] and have the same difficulties. I would like to store large number of file classified by different subjects like mobile phone, books , students , lectures, planning etc.I did a quick research on internet and now I am almost clear that sub saving and retirving files from folders is not directly supported on Win phn 8. So I used another work-around described below. I hope it may be useful to other readers of this forum also.

I have decided abbreviation for each topics [corresponding to each sub folder] liks Lct for lecture, Pln for planning etc. I am adding these abbreviations to the name of file at the end, just before extension. Thus, instead of giving file name 'Suggested Answers.docx' I am giving name 'Suggested Answer -Lct.docx'. With this, I can search with 'Lct' in Lunia Documents and I get all the files relating to Lectures in one list. For two ot three level deep sub folders, Ican add two ot three abbreviations at the end.

What if I forget abbreviation, when the list becomes too large ? I am adding one record in contact for each abbreviation and its full form with zza prefis [only z prefix will also do in simple cases, but my scheme is more comples, I use zmb, zhw zza etc for different items] so that it comes at bottom, not in the middle of the list of contacts, while trying to dial a phone via contact

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes