Sign this Petition to bring Google apps to WP!

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
For those interested here's the link http://www.change.org/petitions/google-inc-support-your-popular-apps-google-talk-drive-on-windows-phone

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No, thank you.
I am on WP to get away from Google and their data collection/privacy habits, Ice cream sandwich, Jelly fish or bean, or anything Android. The names are so ridiculous, I would not touch them with a 10ft pole.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
No, thank you.
I am on WP to get away from Google and their data collection/privacy habits, Ice cream sandwich, Jelly fish or bean, or anything Android. The names are so ridiculous, I would not touch them with a 10ft pole.

So you don't use FB or Bing or Twitter or any services of the like I presume either?

jedwardmiller

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I think he is just trying to get away from google. No matter what you will have to have some tracking.

I say forget google and all their apps. I am fine with the alternatives in the market anyway.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Napocensis. I am getting away from anything Google or Apple. Google because of security risks and Apple because they do everything bass ackwards. I don't mind targeted advertising but it's only a matter of time before Google pushes the envelope past just targeted advertising. They don't make any apps that I personally need or would use.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Bing's search results are still terrible in comparison to Google in my country, and the same goes with the maps. So yes, I am using the Google App, and I am using gMaps Pro. But I also think Google doesn't give a hoot about any petition.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Bing's search results are still terrible in comparison to Google in my country, and the same goes with the maps. So yes, I am using the Google App, and I am using gMaps Pro. But I also think Google doesn't give a hoot about any petition.

Google said they go where the customers go, if we have enough signatures I'm sure they'd certainly at least rethink it.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I just want to say the level of paranoia people have in this thread is pretty impressive we're talking Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory paranoid (except you guys have no proof of Google turning evil). Regardless of where you go on the internet or what you use to access it you're leaving a trace behind. If you have a cell phone you're leaving a trace and information is being sold about what you do with it, the list goes on and on,while I don't use all Google services a few would be nice to have.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I just want to say the level of paranoia people have in this thread is pretty impressive we're talking Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory paranoid (except you guys have no proof of Google turning evil). Regardless of where you go on the internet or what you use to access it you're leaving a trace behind. If you have a cell phone you're leaving a trace and information is being sold about what you do with it, the list goes on and on,while I don't use all Google services a few would be nice to have.

If you are worried about being tracked, you are right turn off your computer and your phone. What Google is doing is promoting open in marketing, but working behind the scenes to close off their ecosystem. It is starting now with EAS which just does not hurt WP8, but also iphone users. If you want push email now on your iPhone you can't use the built in mail app unless you pay for Google Apps. Pushing everything into Google + is an easy way to keep all your info in one place to sell to advertisers, and Google is an advertising company. My biggest fear is different however. Last year they made a big deal of picking one city to install "Google Fiber". Now they said they are interested in adding more areas to this service. On the face, this service seems awesome. Very fast fiber right into your home. However, we would now be allowing one company that has a lot of incentive to control where you go on the internet with that control. Once they get enough market share, why not only Google as your search engine if Yahoo doesn't pay Google to allow their users through THEIR fiber? Why not turn off YouTube competitors, or only allow streaming through Google Play and not Netflix?

I don't like when ANY company tries to do this. Microsoft got in pretty big trouble in the 90's doing things like this. Using market share to push other products to the determent of others. Even if the Google execs right now don't plan on doing this, what happens when the stock holders realize they are sitting on another 40 billion a year of revenue if they do some of these things? They do have a fiduciary responsibility to them.

I tell people all the time to spread their life over different companies on the internet. If you have the know how and money, I like making your own personal hub online with wordpress or squarespace and just pushing those updates to the other networks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3