Facebook Messenger Shows Online 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a way to receive facebook messages without showing myself online 24/7. For example with android in the FB messenger app, you would only show online on facebook with a mobile icon beside you and not the regular green online symbol.

I've tested the built in one, and regardless if you're signed in as away or online it will show you as online to others.

When I'm invisible I cannot see anyone on the built in facebook messenger and cannot receive messages. I've tried FIM facebook messenger but it always shows you online, even if you are just receiving push notifications from the background.

Is it not possible with windows phone 8 for this?

Okay, besides that. Apparently the official facebook app supports push notifications for messages and other notifications. However I have not received a push notification yet and I have tested by getting friends to send me a message while I'm offline.. I figured there might be a delay of 10 - 20 min but its been nearly an hour and nothing..

Last edited by a moderator:

omglilol

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately this is my ******* problem with Windows Phone, and nobody seems to care.

Get your head around this: You can't message on Facebook, you have to chat. So you want to receive a message from your friend on your phone? Nope, better enter Facebook and check for messages or enter the messaging and make yourself Online to all your friends.

I've emailed the stupid developers multiple times, no response. Was excited to hear about the new Beta Facebook and it still doesn't show notifications for incoming messages, never.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Same here, and this is basically the only problem I've had since switching to WP8. I've never once received a notification for a Facebook message. I use group messages alot so leaving chat online doesn't help. I've had to make a new email for my Facebook account so I can receive email notifications for messages but these are often delayed by hours. Is it that hard to get push notifications to work?

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I hate that aswell, it shows you online all the time.
Mobile icon would solve this, i wrote WP fb team a letter about it, i hope they gonna do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes