Finally, were ganing traction with apps.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't that long ago that the android app situation was considered a big disadvantage compared to iOS. Now those two ecosystems are close and it didn't take long for android to close the gap.

That's true, but in that time Android also rose to 75% of the market share. I don't see WP going up so far so fast, and I doubt whether even the most passionate fans see that happening either. Most of us would be happy with a 10% market share in a year or two.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
You guys argue about anything.

For the past 2 years you've been arguing about the exact same thing.

WP9 will come and the cycle will continue. Shameful.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You guys argue about anything.

For the past 2 years you've been arguing about the exact same thing.

WP9 will come and the cycle will continue. Shameful.

But, but... it's a forum! You haven't figured out the purpose of these yet? Here, I'll save you some stress and confusion: People may come to a forum for a variety of noble reasons (seek help, post photos, help others, etc.), but they stay for the arguments. Forums give the user the opportunity to construct long-winded, well thought-out and brilliant attacks and defenses largely rooted in speculation, all pertaining to a common interest. Other people will then read these and respond in kind, giving all parties a fun way to pass time and an outlet to release frustration without doing anything that will land them in jail.

So really, there's no shame in this - it's actually pretty cathartic.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
So where is iheartradio, Hulu, whatchESPN, Pandora, HBO Go, SiriusXM, TimeWarner cable, etc. WP8 is not gaining any traction at all.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So where is iheartradio, Hulu, whatchESPN, Pandora, HBO Go, SiriusXM, TimeWarner cable, etc. WP8 is not gaining any traction at all.
I have never used any of those or need them other than Pandora, and there's Metro Radio and an actual Pandora coming. Different needs for different people.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have never used any of those or need them other than Pandora, and there's Metro Radio and an actual Pandora coming. Different needs for different people.
His point wasn't about needs, its pointing out examples of very popular non-instagram apps that are not available on WP8. I get by without those things too, using an old, dated OS wasn't worth it to me to have them, but they are still popular apps that a lot of people want that are not available on WP8.

We will actually be gaining traction when new popular apps are announced on WP8 alongside iOS and Android,

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

iHeartRadio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

might not official, i can't tell, but it sure looks legit

the problem is that, getting traction = things are starting to roll out, not we have everything already... =.= why don't u people understand that, im not trying to say all your needs are met *boom* be happy, we're making the statement that things are looking up and the future is looking good for app store

look, as you people say SpeedTest.net is irrelevant to you it matters to me, just like the apps you listed matters to you they don't matter to me, but you don't see me go out of my way to bash you for needing those do you?

Pandora Goes Ad-free For Windows Phone 8 - hypebot

here, Pandora is coming, I don't know about the other guys, but if we go down the route of because I don't need it I'll spit on it, I can totally scuff at Hulu as well, can't see that in Canada... (as the other guy mentioned, in the mean time use Metro Radio until Pandora actually comes out, oh and for Hulu I guess you could try Crackle for now)

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I've emailed "Spheros" and they're currently working on an official app to interact with their gadget (I know, not as big name, but I'm still pumped about it). I've also emailed Steam to see if they have any WP8 plans, but have yet to hear anything back.

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
@Squatting

Look at my other thread. I'm starting to feel like MS is slowly phasing out XBL on WP, as games like Where's My Water/Perry were made by a major company, but no XBL.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
We are still a good ways away from BB10 devices actually being available from carriers, I'm fine waiting with WP8 and see what improvements come during that time. I do like what I see with it so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2