Homescreen Expanded Tiles (Concept)

ajcole95

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So i had this concept in my head for a while, now that if finally had time to make a concept on photoshop.

Final.jpg
These Extended Tiles are like Widgets, just better ;)
This makes the homesscreen even better and probably saves you a lot of time.
Double tap a Tile and it will open to a bigger tile with more info or even interactions like music player buttons.
To close it just tap the back button.
You can quickly check facebook and then check your favorite team played without opening a single app.
What do you think? :)

Last edited:

ajcole95

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
well i thought just tap back or on top or bottom free space where you can see the other apps blurred out. This brings the windows back to windows phone :D

G

GT2010PassportVersion

Yea I also thought of such an idea.but decided not to post because it would seems weird.

To be clear this will only exapand on double tap or some sort it won't be another tile size because that would be weird :/

That's why I didn't post my idea because of the tile size issue but if its only some double tap then it would be great ;)

G

GT2010PassportVersion

like the idea, especially good on a weather tile, presume you would tap to make it large and tap again to return to normal tile?

no it shouldn't be an actual tile it must be some double tap function I don't think such big tile would be cool

The double tap function would be much cooler than some new tile size don't you guys think so I do :p

ajcole95

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
yeah thats what i actually ment to say, if you tap it (once or twice) it'll open up a bigger tile with more info. Or you could even put controls on them so that you can put music controls on them or a scroll feature for like facebook. and yeah probably no blur bc it would be like ios/android :D

G

GT2010PassportVersion

Yea then it would be cool and I think it would be a double tap xD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon