WP 8 Questions (Lumia 620)

jeodude

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right section to post these, but here we go.

1) I read somewhere that there is an option to install apps on the SD Card but I haven't got one yet.
I was searching for Mirror's Edge on the Philippines WP Store but the game's not in there. It's in the US store but I can't directly install apps from the US store, but I can download the file.
So the only thing I have to do now is to install it manually, but I have to do It directly on the phone's memory, if that's possible.

2) Is there a way to create your own custom album folder? I can't seem to find that option. All pictures taken from the camera, saved pictures etc, are automatically saved on a particular folder.
I can't seem to find a "Create new album" option or something.

3) Is there really no option to directly close (kill) an app from the multitasking window, other than pressing back button?

4) I tried that thing where you manually disable apps that updates in the background (even when they are not active) to save battery, but i find It tiring enabling and then disabling them manually.
What if i just turn the WIFI switch off, will that work as a shortcut to stop the apps from updating in the background?

That's all the questions I can remember, I'll post more.
Thank you :)

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
There isn't an option to create your own custom folders in the picture hub.
There isn't any other way to close applications other than using the back button. The "multitasking" window is actually a task switcher so you can switch applications easily.
If you don't want specific applications to update in the background you can have a look for a setting within the app that may disable automatic sync for that app. Otherwise, turning off WiFi and 3G will prevent the app from synchronizing.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right section to post these, but here we go.

1) I read somewhere that there is an option to install apps on the SD Card but I haven't got one yet.
I was searching for Mirror's Edge on the Philippines WP Store but the game's not in there. It's in the US store but I can't directly install apps from the US store, but I can download the file.
So the only thing I have to do now is to install it manually, but I have to do It directly on the phone's memory, if that's possible.
You have 2 options.
1) download .xap from windowsphone store, install to your phone
2) change region to US under settings (will require a reboot), it will then download AND install on your phone. Then change it back to whatever region you are in.

Hope this helps :)

jeodude

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
There isn't an option to create your own custom folders in the picture hub.
Wow, that's sad :( Well nothing I can do about It, I just hope they address this issue in the next update. I also found out that although you can pin other albums in the home screen as a tile, the tile won't be animated or live like the main folder. I wish in the future, WP will allow different picture folders in the homescreen all moving and alive with different effects, that would be fun.
There isn't any other way to close applications other than using the back button. The "multitasking" window is actually a task switcher so you can switch applications easily.
Well I guess I can live with that, Im sure they'll add a quick close app feature on future updates.
If you don't want specific applications to update in the background you can have a look for a setting within the app that may disable automatic sync for that app. Otherwise, turning off WiFi and 3G will prevent the app from synchronizing.
Yeah, I find it really tedious, since I don't have "on-the-go" connection, I just use wifi hotspots when I'm on break, and our router when I'm home. And turning wifi and 3g off (3g is always off for me), can be sort of like a shortcut on for complete shut down of syncing apps.
Thank you for your answer :)

You have 2 options.
1) download .xap from windowsphone store, install to your phone
2) change region to US under settings (will require a reboot), it will then download AND install on your phone. Then change it back to whatever region you are in.
I changed my region to US and yeah, I got to the US WP Store, but sadly Mirror's Edge is not free anymore :( So i tried to use my mom's credit card (which I borrowed) which is registered in the Wallet app, but It's not in there anymore, so I registered It again, but it wont recognize the card number.
I think the problem was, They won't recognize the card because It's a Philippine credit card, and when you register It on a US store, you have to fill up your state and some things applicable only in the US, so It rejects my Philippine credit card.
And manual installing won't work anymore (on Mirror's Edge case) even if I buy a new SD Card, because I think after installing (manually) on SD card, It'll still take you to the store and you have to purchase It, which I can't :(
Thank you for the help anyways

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2