HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
New features include:

• Management of historic PDFs in the history list so you can remove individual files and also clear the whole list.
• Share PDF documents with others directly from the app using your SkyDrive account.
• Support for encrypted PDF files that are password protected.
• Support for read-only PDF files.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sharing the PDF seems to be corrupting the file. I tried a few different PDFs and when you share them and click the SkyDrive link it won't open. I tried loading it from SkyDrive itself on my phone and my computer and both couldn't open the file...

Anyone else experience this issue?

(And can anyone shed any light on why sharing can't be done by attachment to an email?! I know it's great we've got this update but the SkyDrive solution seems a bit convoluted!)

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Sharing the PDF seems to be corrupting the file. I tried a few different PDFs and when you share them and click the SkyDrive link it won't open. I tried loading it from SkyDrive itself on my phone and my computer and both couldn't open the file...

Anyone else experience this issue?

(And can anyone shed any light on why sharing can't be done by attachment to an email?! I know it's great we've got this update but the SkyDrive solution seems a bit convoluted!)

You have to share it within Skydrive, what I mean is, I think some type of permission wasn't granted even though its from yourself. I know the PDF says share, after it uploads to SkyDrive, send yourself that email and try opening it through that link.

If that didn't work look at the uploaded file and see what permissions are tied to it.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You have to share it within Skydrive, what I mean is, I think some type of permission wasn't granted even though its from yourself. I know the PDF says share, after it uploads to SkyDrive, send yourself that email and try opening it through that link.

If that didn't work look at the uploaded file and see what permissions are tied to it.

Even more oddly when I tried to share them from the SkyDrive app (which adds them as an attachment to the email) when I send the email the attachment is removed when hitting Send...

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Woow, I just tried all of that and it didn't work. I'm not able to open it what so ever. Even when i try to open the same file in PDF reader, its unable to open.

This is definitely an inexcusable bug. The old and new files are corrupted. So mad right now. They can't get anything right.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I hope the majority of users change their ratings. The app deserves more than a two star rating in the store now.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I miss adobe reader, the PDF reader for WP8 turns landscape items sideways when Adobe shows in it correctly. I am always having to look at my phone sideways to look at work documents. You can turn it left or right but then you can't zoom in.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
You need to upload it another way. Download uc browser or another SkyDrive uploaded, I haven't ran into a file size upload problem using uc browser.

Why should I have to use a non standard browser to make it work...this is just a workaround but workarounds by pure definition are terrible
Thanks for the advice though...I will try it

theomodsim

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently working on a PDF reader that uses a totally different engine than the Microsoft PDF reader uses. I'm making good progress on development and plan on having it released by the end of the month. One of the features will be uploading and downloading PDF documents to/from SkyDrive. If the Microsoft PDF reader doesn't work in regards to SkyDrive uploads, give mine a shot when it's released.

Although I was happy to hear that Microsoft updated the PDF Reader app to support deleting and opening password-protected PDFs, I was somewhat disappointed that my app won't be the only one able to do these things (I coded these features just a few days ago) :smile:

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Woow, I just tried all of that and it didn't work. I'm not able to open it what so ever. Even when i try to open the same file in PDF reader, its unable to open.

This is definitely an inexcusable bug. The old and new files are corrupted. So mad right now. They can't get anything right.

The latest update (08/02) seems to have fixed that bug. Sharing now works without corrupting the file.

Rellik66

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, before the update, the PDF reader wouldn't read the Lumia 822 manual, now it crashes pretty quickly after opening the manual. :/

Jan Knudsen

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have some pdf files like my phone bills, here in denmark we used e-boks for message from companys but every time pdf reader opens and closes very quick :-(

flexagon

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
When I try to open a study related pdf file with PDF Reader the file opens up but crashes immediately. Same results before and after the latest update. Any suggestion as to how to view this file on the phone? Sure it's 182 pages and includes pictures but at mere 3 MB it shouldn't be too heavy a load for the app. Just for comparison I just opened a 70 MB textbook and even though it took a while for the phone to process it and the browsing is slowish, it works. The 3 MB file doesn't seem to be corrupted as far as I can see (viewing it with my laptop).

Also, I second the comment about Adobe reader vs pdf reader, some files pdf reader just shows with little logic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2